Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what u think of these (sort of like revover setup)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sean'schevy, Oct 11, 2004.

1. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

My friend who owns jeep showed me these and hes thinking about getting them. Do you guys think the concept would be safe to use on a full size pickup. I would make this myself and it would be very much beefier. http://www.nthdegreemobility.com/zig-zag.htm

[​IMG]

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i dig it new idea looks prettycool, it looks to me that it would need to be alot beefier to hold up to the weight of out trucks,1 tons and such. but i really like the idea!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it might work i wouldent want it on a dd or any of my trucks. easyer ways of getting drop in a full size look to a ak-57 system, longer springs.

neat idea though /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Just like revolvers...they don't work nearly as well on the trail as they do on the ramp. Just build yourself a good suspension and you won't need the gimics.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i run revolvers and have never been on an RTI ramp. On some obstacles they don't help... on others they help a lot... depends on what you're on. If I win the lottery tomorow, sure I'll go full on 4-link with coilovers... but until then...

j

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

How easy would it be to unload the rearend going down a steep hill?

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

not to mention when it unloads that rear end will be pushed to the passenger side. Twisting and maybe damaging the springs. If you get airborn prepare to see that axle drop WAY away without limiting of some kind and watching it twist your springs as it went. The rig its on has a nice almost 4 link like location system which propably helps that but would bind as best I can figure.

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Looks like a ramp champ setup to me. It looks cool and flexs well but what happens when you get that drop bar hung up on a rock. Something is going to give and I doubt it will be the rock.

Harley