Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What was Avis thinking when they gave me this???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sarasotausmc, Apr 9, 2006.

1. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

It's a Lincoln LT 4WD, with leather and lots of chrome looking plastic. :haha: Rental of course. Went wheeling today with it, good times. The pics are about as lame as the truck. I had to go by myself today, so took it easy. Check out the flex in the second pic. There will be more later.:eek1:

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Is that 29 Stumps or Yuma?

3. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Did you get the FULL INSURANCE?

Cause if you did... I would flog that poor bastard till it begged for mercy.

Scratch up some of that shiny stuff.

I was working in Vegas for a few weeks back about a year ago and I rented a Hyundai cause they didn't have a truck.

I flogged the crap out of that car. I did burnouts, just cause I could. The last day that I left the Sahara on my way to the airport. I did a smokey burnout right in front of the place. It was excellent. I gave the valet/baggage lady a $50 tip and she looked the other way while I smoked the place out. It was like 4am when I left so the audience was minimal, but some of the drunks coming back from a hard night out loved it.

When I turned it in they came out to give it a once over and the girl checking me in asked what the black stuff on the wheel wells was. I said, "I dunno, it must be from the road" I think one of the tires was almost bald.

I love anonymity while traveling.

Enjoy your rent-a-truck while you can.

See ya

4. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

This is why you should NEVER buy a used vehicle from Thrifty rent a car or others.

I would have done the same thing of course:D.

I rented a car to go from Fort Worth to Houston once and they barely gave me enough miles to get there and back, let alone some sightseeing. The nice thing with the digital speedo I was able to pull the fuse for the speedo and add about 100 extra miles.

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:bow: Looks good man! Dont get soft and trade the hardcore sonoma for one of them when you get home! How about some air?

6. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

Two years ago I smoked a deer in the wife's car and the insurance rented us a truck for two weeks. 03' Silverado, 3000 miles, 4x4, extra-cab, auto. Yea, we thrashed it! Mud, snow, burnouts every where I went, even jumped it once! O, and I drove it up a creek also! I love rentals! HHMMMM.... Maybe I should hit another deer....:D

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

had a woman come in with a Galant she just bought from a Rent A Car place. Air filter was BLACK. Like it had never been changed. Didn't look like any service work was ever done to it. When we offered her the services(it was over 60k miles and being a Mitsu, that means Timing Belt time), she said "aren't those things done at inspection?" "oh yes ma'am, $20 fee covers air filter, trans flush, coolant flush, timing belt, spark plugs, and a host of other things".

if that thing is insured, you better keep smoking those tires off, haha.

8. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh yeah, it's insured. I got my Marines looking for spots to get it airborne, they try the same shti in the hummer. I should have something Weds or Thurs, when I follow them out to an op.

Tim, the Sonoma is safe. This pig gets 12 MPG according to the computer on it. My Jimmy does better than that.

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Hi, I'm the regional manager for Avis in North Carolina and I had this thread forwarded to me by a co-worker. I will be notifying the local authorities and sending a company representative to your home address.

:haha:

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Would you like the insurance with that....:haha: :haha: :haha: :bow: :haha: I love the look on their faces when I laugh at that question.

11. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Have you guys even seen my signature?

I only rented one car. A Chevy Prizm, the thing ran like crap and cigarette burns all over the seats. I was surprised how fast I could make that little car go! The thing handled corners at high speed better than my truck too. Also the hand brake was lots of fun! :D I found a sandy pach on the road and stopped, put it in 1 and put on the e-brake real hard and let er rip!
    Man I love Rentals!