Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what way does the wind blow when the moon is full?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, May 25, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

hey gang i'm confused, and no it doesn't take much to confuse me...its getting hot..well ok, most would say warm, but for me its hot..i have a cealing fan..which way should it turn during the summer? or warmer months if you will?

clockwise pushes the air down...so thats means its pulling warm air down right?
    counterclock wise sucks the air up..so its pulling up the cooler air right?

so why does clockwise feel cooler standing under it? or am i just thinking about this to much?

whats the absolute answer to this mystery of the world?

2. jkce457

jkce457 1/2 ton status

It should be blowing down in the summer. The air blowing down on you is like the "wind chill effect" making it feel cooler.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

too cool here for fans....

We have not been above 48 degrees here for the past 4 days,and the heavy rain and 30-50 mph winds are depressing eveyone pretty bad around here!--no need for fans in S.E. MA!..sucky spring so far--I'm still wearing long johns and using the wood stove daily!..--I'd rather be frying eggs on the sidewalk in AZ than being stuck here.. :mad:

I noticed the same thing with my ceiling fans too--they claim it cools better if you set the blades to "pull up" colder air from the floor,but I feel much cooler when its blowing the air down towards me,despite the fact hot air rises... :screwy: hope it gets warm enough to use the fan,and STOP using the wood stove soon!.. :crazy:

4. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

The only thing I can say is try it both ways and see what works better for you. My buddy heats with a wood stove in the living room and uses a ceiling fan ti "mix it up". I have found it works better in the winter having it blow down pulling the hot air down into the room. I think this is backwards from what they say it should be, but it works there.