Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What we did yesterday...or Reason # 57 to own a Sawzall

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, May 30, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

For some reason or another the wife and I decided we would do some yard work on this long weekend. After looking around our yard we decided that the side was a good place to start.

Before:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So we goto Home Depot (1st Mistake) to figure out what we needed. After looking around for 2 hours and picking out plants and the wall we wanted we couldn't get any help so we left the cart full of stuff at the front of the store and decide to goto Lowes....Where we got more help than we could handle...They even gave me a 10% military discount even though I've been out for 12 years /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif So we go home and load up the killer Sawzall blades I picked up at work a few months ago /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    [​IMG]
    And proced to uload 80 27lb blocks: Dosent look to bad for 2100 pounds:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Build a wall...oh yea did I mention it took 30 some odd wheel barrow trips of dirt to fiill this crap in /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    [​IMG]

So now I hurt like hell and did absolutly nothing all day today /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i can see now why you like it but only 80 little blocks? i sould have seen a pic of my burb with 120 30"x24" patio stones, or my old bute pick up with 75 bags of concrete.

nice work though you'll like it in the long run.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've hauled 3 full pallets of pellet stove bags in the back of my burb.........when it was still 1/2ton /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    3 full pallets of pellet stove bags

[/ QUOTE ]
    what the hell is that? i always say whats the point of a full size if you cant do anything with it, i pulled over a house with my 2wd burb like nothen /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    and i hauled rock with it i would fold the seat and would fill evry space with rock

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Where in N. Va are you? I'm living temporarily in Tysons Corner for the next 6 months

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Looks good!

I've been working on some projects like that around the house this summer too.
    Course my half ton van looks like it's gonna flipp over when I load it down with a little lumber.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks good /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Stickseler

Over by Baileys Crossroads about 2 or 3 miles down 7 from Tysons. Why are you stuck down here??

9. big pappa b

I'm Air Force but I'm doing a 6 month job in that area

10. Stickseler

I know your Air Force.....Ive just never seen an Air Force Base In Tysons.

11. big pappa b

no base there. I'm staying at a hotel in tysons but working in Mclean...no base there either /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Pellet stove fuel is waste wood from wood manufacturing, heated and pressed into what looks like rabbit food. The heat and presure cause natural resins to come out and keep the pellets intact.

Pellet fuel is very economical, produces very high BTU's for its volume. It has greater BTU density than regular wood, and such low emissions, that it is exempt from EPA regulation.

its also very eco friendly- Your using waste wood that would have gone to land fills, and making it heat your home!

I bought a few bags of it, i use it in my BBQ grill and smoker- no ill effects yet!

My personal favorite brand is Stove Chow! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

(keep laughing, its a real brand)

13. Stickseler

ohhhhh.. I've driven by there...I think.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif