Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What we do in in Norway!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Espen88k5, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Hi.
    Just bought a suburban and slapped chains on the stock tires to have some fun....
    http://www.offroad.no/snitz/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=8609&whichpage=1

And a big hello to those who still remember me. Dont mind the norwegian language/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif just click through the 3 pages and tell them what you think in english /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Re: Winter wheeling in Norway!

Man looks like you guys had some fun.

I wish we had that kind of snow around here, might give me some incentive to get my Burb back on the road.

So what exactlly happened to the rear door there, it looks a little caved in now.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nice... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I wish WE had that much snow!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

it looks like a chain happened to the back door. better than the back window.

snow whats that look like??????????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

that looks like fun. when i visited norway it was july, no snow then. i wish we got that much snow down here in texas. we havent gotten any yet this year. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The tow strap let loose...a litle mercedes gelenderwagon was yanking me out of a ditch with the strap loosely trown ower it's front eye bolt. The bolt was pulled through the mountig hole and came flying /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif A reminder to take your time attaching the tow straps! Could have bben the back of my head had it been a litle higher..
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

And where, may I ask, have you been hiding for the last couple of years, brother????

Nice to see you back again, my friend!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    And where, may I ask, have you been hiding for the last couple of years, brother????

Nice to see you back again, my friend!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No Doubt! good to see some old folks Back. Boss dissapeard for a year and just showed back up too.
    Hows it hanging?

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hay man I went over to that link to see yournew ride and those folks are typing in Klingon or something! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Great to see you back in action! Have you started building a 406 for the Sub yet? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Those V-bar chains look like they would do a VERY good job of finding traction. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ]

Keep any eye on the tread area of those tires. I have a set on my S-10 that are dry rotting after just 3 years. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif There are small splits opening in the depth of the outer treads. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Luckily the tires are nearly worn out anyway, but that should not happen in such a short time.

12. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Nice to know some things still are the same. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifhow you all been?

The burb is technically very strong. I got it dirt cheap because it was a litle messed upp on the passanger side from having a tonn of snow dropped on it.
    It had som rust in the rear fenderwells and rear windows, but I got that welded upp and just roller.painted it with a combi-primer, (primer and topp coat in one easy aplication /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) Engine is a 6,2 diesel, the burb is 1988, but the engine is around 90 and from a van. Plans are 4" procomp lift,fender trimming. 35 13,5 16 Bajaclaws radials. Arb air-lockers and change the gearing to 4,10..and a winsj

Not keeping the stock tires very long.. starting building around the Easter holliday and getting the gearing, arb, lift + new wheels done then. Most parts are allready collected.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Chevy is still chevy in that language. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Looks like fun!!

14. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Good to see you back Espen. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Can you send me some VOSS? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Brother man...its been way to long! My daughter is 16 months old...i don't even think she was born the last time we chatted...plus we moved from az. to co. dude!

Email me at azblazer@bresnan.net and i'll send some pics your way. BTW..we bought a 90 V2500 burb last year...

check out our adventures in moab at www.blazerchalet.com
    Doug Wright

16. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

whoooa /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Dough!
    Nice to see you again! I have a growing family myself and that have been my priority for the last 2-3 years. keeping upp with wheeling and CK5 and all my old friends there have been at the back of my head for a while /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But as the kids r getting older (3 and 4 now) they can participate in more activities and it gets easier every week. yeah right! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Heres pictures from a litle wheeling we did this weekend.. still in the snow, still with chains.
    http://www.offroad.no/snitz/topic.asp?ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=8609&whichpage=7

17. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Espen....

Finally got the chalet converted to TBI...then #5/6 rod let go...so i have a rebuilt 87 up 350 awaiting install on the engine stand. Due tot he cold a-- weather it will be a while....lol.

DW

18. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Here I am back almost a year later, /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif some pictures of my friends and me wheeling. Look for the camo suburban with a 4 inch lift and 35's /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif wont be that hard to find. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

http://www.offroad.no/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8609&whichpage=14

19. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Looks like u guys know how to have a darn good time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Every sunday is wheelingday. we are 12 active wheelers with wery different driving and rig preferations. Me and my buddy in the camopainted K5 started our own "muddin millitia" and painted our trucks urban camo. The pictures early in the tread on the link is from our first 4x4 competition. we had 28 entrys so the 4wheeling scene is growing fast around here.