Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What wheels...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Dec 30, 2004.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    I have desided on 33" x 15" BF Mud Terrain Tires, and am looking for wheels, and I want to go as cheap as possible, and strong. I dont want chrome, steel is fine, painted black looks good too. I mye even lynex the wheels too. US Wheels are cheap on summit, but are they any good? There 50 bucks a wheel. Anyone have any better soluitions? Cause I need 5 of both, and dont want to spend a grand alone on the tires, when I'll be spending less than that on the car.

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i just picked up a set of the us wheels from summit, they look like and ordinary wagon wheel to me

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I was looking for tires and wheels. I happened to find just what I wanted off of here. That was a few years ago though. I like th elook of the black wheels on my truck. My current set is of an unknown manufactuere but my previous set was the rock bruiser, I think. Try 4 wheel parts and such. As far as tires, I found that Tyres Internation was cheaper than anyone else I could find at the time. I paid 980 for a set of 17x40x15 Hawgs delivered to the door. A buddy just ordered a set of 39.5 TSL's for the same price from the same place.

James

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

The wheels you are speaking of, are just fine. I've had a set of white ones for about 3yrs now. I've got a set of black ones that I'm about to put on my k5 in a few weeks. I paid $43 a piece for mine from a local tire/wheel shop. Look around town, you might save a few bucks on shipping.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i met a guy who got 4 40in IROCKS for $700.00 , he went to a local 4x4 shop that has lay away. and the OP never came back to get them!!

6. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help, the black ones online are 50 something for the size i need, and I'll use froogle to find more cheaper. What width is good for my tire? Ill check Tires International, but the tires i was looking at are at costco (local, should be wholesale, no shipping) are installed on wheels, balanced, and then put on the car for 166 a tire.

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

15X8, with 2.5inch backspacing has been great for me.

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

What size tire? On a 12.5 I normally run a 10 wide. I've got a 15 wide tire now and I still run a 10 wide wheel.

9. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

I run the stock 15X8 steelies. Dime a dozen at the junk yards. I just clean them up and paint them.

10. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

I would, but I am goiung to use a 15" tire :(. How do you paint them?