Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What will fit?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by backcountry, Jul 7, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Hello all!

I want to purchase a stereo/cd/player for my truck. I want a good one that has lots of power on its own. I do not want an amp. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I want to mount it in the origional location without cutting up my dash. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank you!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I belive some of the best value is JVC and Clarion. You get alot of features, good quality, and cheaper then for simular headunits from the bigger name brands. I buy alot off Ebay. You can get some good deals on new in the box headunits. They're usely like last years model, but you can save some $$$.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I want to mount it in the origional location without cutting up my dash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware of a cd player that will mount in the original location without cutting the dash. You could replace your factory unit with a cassette player that has cd changer controls and mount a cd changer under/behind your seat. You could also buy a cd changer to work with your existing fm radio, but you will not gain any power.

I agree with Z3PR that JVC is a good brand and not overpriced(I own 3 of them), I would buy one locally though as opposed to ebay for if you ever need to return it or have warranty work done.