Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what winch accessories to buy? from where?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TX Mudder, Apr 16, 2003.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I'm debating on what stuff to buy for the winch.
    I want a snatch block, so that means I should get two tree savers also right?
    Anything else? I don't have anything now, just the winch and the hook /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where do you all buy that kind of stuff from? There's a tractor supply close to me that's sure to have this stuff, but they probably cost more than online.
    -- Mike

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

some good gloves.... if you really want to be prepared get one of them pull pal deals....

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Try Scott over at Rockstomper he has excellent products and service at great prices. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Do you have a strong tie off point on your truck when you use the snatch block? Got to bring the cable back to the truck to double the line pull power. A couple of good clevis or D-rings. Short piece of heavy duty chain, 4 feet or so with atleast 1 hook. Tall rubber boots so you don't loose your shoes when you get out in the sticky goo. Then you could wedge them between the cab and bed upside down to look kewl! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif