Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What wipers do you guys use?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Danno, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Yeah, off the wall question, but I was thinking about it last night when my driver's side wiper decided to jump ship in that snow/slush/rain we had yesterday. Driving on the highway with no wipers suck.

Anyways, I went and got some Bosch MicroEdge wipers, and put them on last night. They definately work a heck of a lot better than the cheap ones I had before last night! My only problem with them is they don't look like they'd handle stuff like mud.

I know it's a goofy question, but what kind of wipers do you guys and gals run on your K5s?

1984 K5 Blazer 4x4 Silverado
    6.2L diesel, 700R4, 3.42 gears, 31x10.5" tires

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I get bosch too. I thought that wipers were wipers, but you really do get what you pay for in most cases with wipers!
    They've been fine with mud for me. Ice/snow/sludge is prolly worse on them than mud.

Peace and stuff [​IMG],

Muddin

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The best things I've found for winter driving are the Anco Winter Blades. The blade is much heavier than normal and the metal parts are all wrapped inside a rubber cover, so ice doesn't build up on them. They're about $6 each at Wal-Mart. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ditto for me on the Winter Blades. Used them in the winter when I lived in that crappy Western Pa weather [​IMG]. They are covered in a sheath of rubber that won't allow the ice/sleet/snow/salt muck crap to load up in between the arm and the window. Now, I don't need em and run the Bosch micro edge year round............and use a rubber conditioner to extend their useful life.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

I've been using the Bosch MicroEdge on all my vehicles for a couple years, now. They work great!

Glad you found 'em, too. [​IMG]

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Bosch is the only way to go IMHO.

John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

7. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i've got the doublewiper blades, not sure on how well they for in the winter though

hola

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have some POS Anco ones and they suck...only a few months old, and the windshiled usually looks better before I turn them on.

90K5

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have some POS Anco ones and they suck...only a few months old, and the windshiled usually looks better before I turn them on.

90K5

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I switch blades every two years....I just get whatever the auto parts store has...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Welcome to Bucketheadland</a>

11. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Wipers whats that :) Three of the four vehicle I own dont have wipers or even motors. The only one is the burb. I use the cheap ones because you have to replace them every year because they dry rot.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

12. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Ran across the Bosch MicroEdge blades on sale at Pep Boys (of all places) and they are on their 2nd winter without any problems. I've tried most of the stuff on the market, even the lifetime guaranteed stuff, but they all get baked by the great Colorado sunshine and eventually give up the ghost. the worst thing is when wiper blades start peeling, not fun. But I will continue using the Bosch stuff and put on a new set every 2 years or so. And I do carry 2 spare sets in the toolkit all the time. The only problem would be that the Bosch blades are more expensive than the rest, but then I guess that you get what you pay for.

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

13. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Well, I thought that I would go with the BEST, so last year I put Bosch wipers on all my outfits. They all rusted. Yes, here in MI, we use road salt, but I NEVER had the painted surfaces of my blades RUST. One thing that I do do,(and have done for years,) is to keep the rubber parts of the blades "wiped down." Just take some alcohol on a rag, and wipe your rubber parts of your blades. Keeps things streak-free, and lasting a long time. GOPHERKILLER

14. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Charmin for me, like the softness

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

15. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Huh. I saw the Anco wipers when I bought the Bosch, didn't look at them very closely, though. I think that's what was on my truck when I got it, but they were trashed.

I'll have to keep them in mind if my Bosch get tore up this winter.

16. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Wow. Guess I picked the popular wipers!

Thanks for the feedback, guys/gals!

17. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I worked at Advance Auto, and I've used the Bosch before, this time I put on Trico, and they work just as well, and a whole lot cheaper. I talked to the old old parts man up there, and he said that Trico was what most OE manufacturers put on the cars new. I asked him if they were basically liek Anco, and he said that Anco sucked, so there's my input.

-BuSH
    '83 K5 Blazer
    '98 Monte Carlo z34

18. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

AC Delco...

88 5.7 5in lift( I tell my wife it's ten) 35"procomp at's
    700-208-456-3in exh w/flowlowder 10 bolts & some ORD stuff