Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Wires with Flowtech Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Dec 26, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Can anyone recommend a good set of wires and plugs that will work with the Flowtech Afterburner headers. I was hoping to go with the regular old AC Delco plugs, but I don't want to buy a set of wires if they aren't going to fit with my new headers. Thanks

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I really don't remember what plugs I have with my afterburners but, I had to use some straight plugs some 90 degree plugs and even one 180 degree plug. I bought them at pep boys, they were pretty good with exchanging plugs that wouldn't work, I bought the headers there also........js

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I like Taylor 8mm spiral core wires. They are reasonabley priced, they hold up to heat well, and they make some just for headers. As for plugs I change mine regularly so I use whatever is on sale, ACs are good.

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I'm using MSD ignition red wires with my Flowtech Afterburners. They all have 90deg connectors at the spark plug end. I had Accel Super Stock wires before these, also with 90deg connectors. No problems.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]