Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What works for a fever

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Feb 17, 2007.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I've had a fever of 101 for three days now I can't seem to shake it. I've also had a horrible sore throat and conjested head. Oh the fun of getting sick. But the fever is making it the most uncomfortable. Anybody have something they like for fevers....drugs, home remedies, etc...? I know I could go to the doctor and get the good stuff but it's the weekend now so I'm S.O.L.

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

a sauna... sweat that sumbitch out... or, do as i do, a gallon of not-from-concentrate OJ, a bottle of nyquil (dont drink the whole bottle of nyquil) and a bottle of dayquil (same instructions)... and some centrum vitamins..
    get up in the am and take 8tbsp of dayquil, 2 vitamins and 2 glasses of OJ,.. about 3 hrs later take 4 tbsp of dayquil and a glass of oj... in the evening 8tbsp of nyquil, 1 vitamin and 1 glass of oj before dinner and 2 glasses of oj and maybe a banana and a vitamin after... hit the hay and repeat, 2 days it'll be whooped.. then keep on the vitamins, they help keep ya healthier anyways..

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Remember that nyquil no longer has a decongestant in it. Mix the nyquil with sudafed.

It could be strep throat. Do a web search for the symptoms (white pimple things in the back of your throat).

If it were me, I'd go to the day hospital or call the doctor. I don't mess around with fevers.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Alka Seltzer Plus, it may knock you out, but it will definately help fight the fever.
    I switched from NyQuil to this stuff, much better IMO.

5. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

shot of powder vitamin C and water more you take quicker you heal.If you cant get powder go to walmart get the pills and crush them (absorbs faster) take over 5000mg I do about that every 4 hours works great. rubbing alchole across your forhead neck will drop the fever quick. hope that helps

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Whiskey....

7. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

X2. Take a coffee cup and mix a couple of jiggers of whiskey with some lemon, juice, honey, and a little water. Heat it til you can barely drink it, then shoot and go to bed. Your going to burn up, but stay under the covers and you'll get rid of it.

Once your fixed, take a little nip every morning to keep the germs at bay.

8. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I've been taking my usual vitamin C--3000ml of C for the day and Ill take 2000 mnore before bed. I've been taking asprin too. I haven't felt any different all day though. It kinda suckss. I'll break out the nyquil tonight and hope that helps.

Thanks for all the tips. I like the crushed C pills idea. I might have to try that.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Nyquil cold and flu liquid caps, two of those will put you into sleepy land.

10. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You have a temp. 101* which mean you have fever (as appossed to a cold), which means you have a virus, which means there's nothing you can do to get rid of it, you simply treat for comfort and ride it out.

Suggestions: 400-600MG of Advil every4 to 6 hours plus 1000mg tylenol. UNTIL THE FEVER BREAKS. That way your safely treating for comfort from 2 different directions.

Gatorade: Drink a gallon a day, literally, until your illness subsides.

Rest: grab the remote and rest, rest, rest.

Tempt. : Keep track of your temp. As long as you're over 100.0* use only one sheet (not blanket) for a cover. Your body is telling your brain you're cold when if fact you're burning up (literally). And if you can handle it, a cool bath, NOT A F*CKING SAUNA OR JACUZZI :mad: :mad: !!

If you want to commit suicide, then thats the way to do it-your temp. (100*+) plus 100* jacuzzi= 1 boiled CK5 member :(

Remember, you're only treating for comfort.
    Hope that helps :D .

11. enginenine

enginenine Registered Member

X2 James

12. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

More cowbell.

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

:D :crazy: :haha:

willmore cowbell.gif

14. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

whenever I get sick, I eat and drink a lot. Your body won't be able to fight off jack if its all weak from malnutrition. Shovel down all the healthy food/juices you can stand... you'll be fine. Couple of good warm showers a day is a good idear too.

j