Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would be the reason (D60 DRW to SRW)??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90blzr, Nov 27, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I am about to machine down some dually hubs to make it into a SRW application. I was looking at another members hubs who had them done at Wagoner Machine (WMS).
    On the wheel mounting surface flange on a standard from the factory SRW hub, the mounting flange is 1" thick. On a standard from the factory DRW hub, the inside flange (where the rotor bolts to) is 3/4" thick. So one would assume that once the DRW hub has the outter wheel mounting flange cut off and the hub is machined down, the 'spacer' that is welded on should be 1/4" thick.

WMS uses adds a 1/2" plate to each hub rather than just a 1/4" plate. Which also would ad ANOTHER 1/4" to the front track width (now 1 3/4" wider than the back axle on each side)

Anyone know the reason behind this? For strength or? Just curious, and WMS isnt open over the weekend, so I thought I'd see if anyone else knew the reasoning.