Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would cause this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Aug 29, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I think my 350 is running on 7-6 cylinders when Idleing. When I put any pressure on the engine it smoothes right out. There are new plugs and wires on the truck. The truck just started to do it one day after I took my truck up a big hill.
    Do you think my float coiuld be stuck?

EDIT: By the way my choke wire was kinda close to my headers a few weeks ago and it got hot. So Now my choke light is on.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

mine did the same thing because of a vaccum leak in the intake manifold
    i didn't have 4 of the bolts tight and when a opened it up it created a vaccum leak where the bolts where loose. it didn't tear up the gasket so all i had to do was tighten the bolts and it runs fine now so you might try checking that

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

sometimes a worn out or busted engine mounts makes the engine shake/seem like its not running on all cylinders at idle speeds

is the engine shaking, does it smooth out when you put a long bar inbetween frame rail and engine with it idling ?

big hill may have weakened a mount
    especially driver side

good luck

4. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

The truck fixed itself. When I was leaving to go over to a friends house I was kinda mad at the truck so I really got on it. Now the truck runs mint. I am still going to do a few check ups on the engine.
    Thanks
    Adam

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

mighta had a little carbon buildup that needed burnt off.haha.thats what i tell my wife at least.gotta open it up to burn out the carbon deposits.shes like yeah whatever.you just want everyone to hear you squeel the tires.actually it is good to open it up and burn out the gunk.maybe the carb had some crap in it only opening up the secondaries could solve.lol