Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would I gain from????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Sep 19, 2004.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

What would I gain from adding an edelbrock preformer tbi intake to my 87 tbi k5 350? Would I gain any mpg? Would there be a noticeable gain in hp; could I feel the difference when I step on the gas? Thanks.
    -Harrison

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

minimal power gains, but better flow at mid range RPM. you might only gain a couple HP. I don't think you would even feal it. BUT, if you plan on doing other upgrades, cam and exaust work, then it would be a plus to have it.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    minimal power gains, but better flow at mid range RPM. you might only gain a couple HP. I don't think you would even feal it. BUT, if you plan on doing other upgrades, cam and exaust work, then it would be a plus to have it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I concur. An aftermarket intake is part of a package and dont do much by themselves.

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I would like to do a new intake and true duals with headers, but dont have anywhere near enough money for that. I am a highschool student working part time so the cheaper the better. I was just throwing an idea out there, thanks for the comments. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

5. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

If you do duals put a cross over in it. I have true duals and I have back pressure problems. I am going to put headers going to a 2 1/2" flowmaster 70 single exhaust. I want bottom end and that will give it back to me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I cant stand how loud my exhaust is. I am running straight pipes from the manifolds to 4" tips. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Hell it is so loud you can barly hear yourself think. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I want to put headers running to 2 1/2" flowmaster 40 series. The only problem is thta it is a little out of my price range right now.
    Danny- I dont know about you but I want to make another K5 run to Uwharrie before the season is over. I try to get my friends from school to go but the are all scared. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I dont know if you have time since you are are the way at the coast, but what do you think?
    PS- As if 1 blazer wasnt enough, I now have 2 to look out for. Elliott is away in washington/canada until december. So now I have 2 blazers to drive around. Oh, and before he left he told me to take his carburetor off and fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I dont even feel like working on my own truck right now. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    -Harrison

7. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Harrison duals down here are only about $260. I don't know if thats out of your range, just throwing it out there. I'm ready to make another run too.

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

that exhaust is cool though. it's the meanest sounding pipes ever. if you don't like it though, i will gladly take it back... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Harrison I am only about an hour to hour and a half away from Uwharrie. Remember I am at FT Bragg /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I need to put my lift on and get my front drive line back and redo my exhaust. But after that I am game /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Awesome! I am going to ask a few people from school if they are seriously interested, and we can get something together. I havent been in a while and really want to go again.
    BTW- I think for power modifications, I am going to purchase a few items to upgrade my tbi from cfm-tech. According to their websit and "Trucks" magazine, bolting on their power kit nets about 40 hp and 3-4 mpg. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison