Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would it take to clear 44's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikey_d05, Feb 19, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hello everyone. right now I don't have the power or the gearing to turn 44's, but in the future I definitely will. I'm going to run 39.5" boggers with 6" of lift and plenty of fender trimming for now, but I'd like to clear 44" boggers in the future. What kind of lift would it take? how much fender trimming, etc.? I've already cut the fenders pretty much to the max, and I'm pretty sure I could clear bigger than 39.5's, but I'd like to retain a good amount of articulation too. I know somebody asked for 44" tire pics in a previous post, but most of the rigs that came up were half truggy's which is something I don't plan on doing. So...if someone is running 44" boggers on a regular blazer frame, set up a pic or drop me a line, because I'd like ot know how much it would take to upgrade from a 40 to a 44. Thanks for all your help everyone.

2. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Move the front axle forward and cut the front of the fenders off. In the back you'll have to do a lot of cutting (all the way to the wheelwell at the minimum). With 44" Boggers you might have to choose your backspacing and wheel width wisely or else the tire might hit the steering box. I know it gets real close.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

the winner of ttc a couple years back(toby) was running 44" boggers w/ 6" lift.badass truck. i believe he acomplished it the way Cyber said. move axle forward , cut off most of the front half of fender, cut the rear portion all the way to firewall. remove inner fenders i believe. i think you need to go with a 10" rim w/ around 3" b.s.

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

8" Skyjacker springs in the front with 8 degree wedges with1.5" offset built into them to move the axle forward. Rear has 4" lift 56" Tuff Country springs mounted backwards to move the rear axle back. Rear aslo has ORD shackle flip. Fenders cut and need bumpstops to limit up travel in front just a little and need to tub rear. Sorry for the driveway pic, but it shows the height and feder trim the best. Those are 44" TSLs which have since been swapped for 44" Boggers on 15x12 wheel with 4" backspacing.

Bill, Nicole, Beast Dec 25,03.jpg

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Toby also had a 3" body lift.:blush:

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is JK5's rig, 44" swampers with 6" lift[​IMG]

7. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Here is my 90 burb with12" +1" zero front & 6" +1" zero & 4" ord flip kit rear. I also have 3" body lift + bushwacker cutouts. I'm running 44" boggers:thumb: [​IMG]

8. mikey_d05

Awesome, thanks for all the help everyone. Say....has anyone ever thought about buying wheel tubs for dragsters from Jeg's or something and using them as an inner fender? If you used them and did it right, you could cut a lot more off the outer fender than you can with the factory inner. Just a thought.

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

really? i always thought that truck looked really low for having 44's. those big tires must give an optical illusion. i guess 9" is still fairly low for 44's

ya, i think thats what 79Beast was saying:

10. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea in the fourwheeler he was on the cover they put that in there but of course they couldve screwed up as well???

11. basing110

basing110 1/2 ton status

can you post the pic so i can see how your 8" lift setup looks? i cant view it

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i know a guy with a burb out here who runs 40"s on 4" of lift hacked fenders, but some is still there, so 44 couls be done on your set up with out tooo much work

13. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Here's 5.5" on 44's

Still need to trim out the front a bit more I think. Haven't flexed it out yet though.

[​IMG]

15. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

6"+3" on 44"Boggers

16. mikey_d05

Holy old thread batman, I didn't even remember starting this. :eek1:

17. mikey_d05

I'm gonna re-work my suspension this winter and bring it down an inch or two, so we'll see how the 39.5's work out with that. One of the problems I'm having is lack of flexibility because of the crappy setup I chose/got from the PO. Sooooo...I have plenty room flexed the way it sits, but when I bring it down a couple of inches and make it a little flexier, that's probably gonna change.

18. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

friend had sb chevy with 4" lift 3" body and BIG fender opinings and he had 44 tsl on it.

19. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You can run 4" of lift with 40" rubber without hitting the top of the wheelwells... if you don't invert the springs.

So, knowing that, you can adjust your tire size accordingly. But, this only holds true if you don't hit the cab. 4" of lift with 40" rubber will almost rub the cab if you have no wheelhouses.

20. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

wow, this is old.

i fell for it

THANKS Basing110