Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do...(about selling)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84CUCV, Mar 2, 2006.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

This is my problem. i sold a set of cucv rears to a kid (16-17 years old). Good set of rears 22k on them, clean just missing one hub. He gave me 400 down, then 200 at the end of the week. Now its been almost three full weeks. Hie cell # is no longer in use. Since he told me where i went to his house. three tiems so far, and know one is there. wtf for a while i was just going to sell to a member on here, and say screw it i waited a while. then i thought back. i did kinda the same thing a few times when i was his age. I couldnt make up my mind on what to do. the member on here found someone else rears. Now that i have someone new, i dont want to lose the sale. He is a real cool guy too. I have no idea what to do. Some how i know i sell them the kid is going to come back and i am going to fell like a a$$. So what would you do? just trying to do what is right. thx

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

First off, how much did you sell them for? $600? If he gave you $600 and hasnt paid the rest yet, then technically if you sell it then you can be held liable for breach of contract. If the final price was $600 and he hasnt picked up the axles yet, then i guess just hang on to them. If not, I believe you have to hold on to them until you can get in contact with him, and get the rest of the money, or give the $600 back and sell them to someone else.
    -Harrison

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

If it was me, i'd wait another few weeks. If hes still MIA sell it and keep 600$ aside from that sale for another 6 months (let it collect interest). if he comes back, give him the money (less interest).

4. 84CUCV

sold the for 1700. 600 is what i have so far. Yea, guess your right. guess need to hold them for a few more weeks. Crap, there goes the other buyer. thx

5. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

wait now. If you have another buyer, screw this dood, sell em.

just keep 600 aside for a while incase.

6. 84CUCV

some how i know this is going to bite me no matter what i do...

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd hang on to them for another week or two while trying to get ahold of this kid. If by then he is still MIA I'd re-sell them and return the $600 when he finally reappears from under his rock. He has given you a sizable deposit, which should buy him some time.

Did you and him agree to some sort of timeframe regarding how long he'd take to come up with the balance?

Rene

8. 84CUCV

all he said last time we talked was i will see you next week with a few hundred more. Never called or anything.