Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do? d60 vs. 89K5 and maybe making some money... *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Aug 4, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Post deleted by jjlaughner

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: What would you do? d60 vs. 89K5 and maybe making some money...

I'd get the D60. You will want it eventually, and you probably won't find another one when you need it.

K5s are a dime a dozen vs. D60s.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Get the d60 if the deal is still on. You know you want to /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    If not, get the k5, and keep looking for a dana 60 in the meantime.

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Even if it's sitting in your garage, you'll feel better /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. jjlaughner

D60 deal might fall through...

Question was fixup and drive the 89 or part it out... After seeing some pics of it its for sure getting parted out. It would need a radiator support and a couple engine pieces, plus its hard to tell how long its been sitting without an air cleaner and radiator.
    Reguardless I should have the $$$ for the 60 if the guy decides to sell it... its not a matter of if I would buy it, its a matter of if he will sell it. The 60 was priced out to me at $450 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif The guy is deciding on if he's going to use it in the future or sell it now to work on other things. It's not a matter of IF I'd buy it, but IF he sells it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Here's the pics of the Jimmy I'm going after Sunday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once I get it here I'll start listing parts from it, maybe ebay some to make some extra money. Things like TBI tank, I'also have an 86 K5 tank and the dual tanks out of the pickup, tilt column, seats and interior pieces, power gate insides, I'll yank the motor and pull it aprt see if its full of water maybe try to get it running for a backup motor/tranny, another set of 52" springs, another set of 10bolts, 89 frame, if the floors are ok but needs rockers I'l toss sometube in there and sell the body/frame... after its here I'll decide how much to part or sell big pieces. I'm keeping the serp belt setup and pieces of the maroon interior if its power.

How is it when I needed a frame it took over a year to find one... now I have three and could get a couple more if needed! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. jjlaughner

I read my post again and yeah I'm all LA LA LA LA in the post.

I'm hoping to get the D60 still for $450, lockright I'd be up too $800, gears bearings $1000 then kingpin maintence and crossover for a total of about $1300 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif so yeah I hope it works out.

I was just worried about the blazer being int he way and if it was worth a couple months of wheeling. Once I seen the pics its not going to do what I want without work and if I'm going to put that kind of work in it it needs to be on my DD or project rig. So I'll part out the 89 and fixup the D60 if I get it, otherwise I'll finish out frame parts and get the 10bolt 8lugger under it and pay off more bills with the blazer money...

I have had tons of emails about parts from the for sale but no ones saying I'll take it or I'll come get it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I just talked to the guy, he said the other guy wont sell it because he's now got two trucks he's rebuilding. BUT he is going to get me the number of the guy that can get them cheap /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif