Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you do *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 76k5Blazer, Nov 12, 2003.

1. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by Grim-Reaper

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Re: what would you do

well there are two ways....

1. get a couple very large friends, rent a caddy (or use some other ride), pull up in front of wherever he his, and get out. of course each person should be carrying something... a basseball bat, a tire iron, brass knuckles - you choose. anyways so everyone gets right up to him and then you step forward, and CALMLY say that you would like to be paid for the work that you have done.

odds are he'll pay.

(i had to use this technique on some scumbagg who put a deposit down on my 1982 amc eagle, then dissappeared. well i found him, got my money AND no one was hurt /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. call up some lawyer from the yelllow pages (or check to see if distant relatives have any connections) and go that route...you just have to be able to prove to a judge that he really is stiffing you.

Good luck!

3. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

I'd look into taking him to small claims court. Basically, the real world version of Judge Judy or People's court.

4. 76k5Blazer

what do i do about that tax part of it should i call the irs and ask how much i owe in taxes ?

5. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Im an OKIE lawyer, but here goes. Usually in small claims you can represent yourself. If you dont have any records of you working for him...and you probably dont...do you think you could go to the person/biz you did the work for? You can draw up a small affidavit having them say they acknowledge that you worked on the project, and get a copy of the invoice your boss gave them. Its a start if youve got nothing else.

6. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

One more thing, in the event you cant prove you worked for him, call the Better Biz Bureau (or your local equivalent) and let them know about it. Id also call the Labor Board, Dept. of Labor (or your local equivalent) and let them know. Might call the IRS too, and let them know he didnt report your labor on his books for payroll tax purposes. You may not get your money, but he will get some interesting phone calls and/or visits from people he doesnt want to talk to.

7. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

the guy sounds like an ass. and it sounds like a one man buisness so theres probably no other employees to get a written statement to say you did the work. this is how I would take care of it, keep trying the legal way of just confronting him about the money and if nothing happens take it out on him if you dont feel you can beat his ass then do the illegal thing and get your money in tools or do some damage to his personal stuff. I know its not the legal way but unless you have documentation you are SOL /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Did this company do a percentage hold? When I was in plumbing 20% of My pay was held out untill the work was signed off by the inspector. The last plumbing company I worked for I was shortchanged as well even after all My work had been signed off. So I asked my boss where My money was and he laughed and then I beat his ass. Never did get My money but it felt good.

9. 76k5Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Did this company do a percentage hold? When I was in plumbing 20% of My pay was held out untill the work was signed off by the inspector. The last plumbing company I worked for I was shortchanged as well even after all My work had been signed off. So I asked my boss where My money was and he laughed and then I beat his ass. Never did get My money but it felt good.

[/ QUOTE ]
    No i was payed by the day

10. 76k5Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Im an OKIE lawyer, but here goes. Usually in small claims you can represent yourself. If you dont have any records of you working for him...and you probably dont...do you think you could go to the person/biz you did the work for? You can draw up a small affidavit having them say they acknowledge that you worked on the project, and get a copy of the invoice your boss gave them. Its a start if youve got nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ] i can prolly have a few of the customers sign me an afadavid saying i was working on there property for him

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    He ignores my emails my pm's and my phone calls

[/ QUOTE ]

pm's?

This person you worked for happen to be an Orange member here?

Rene

12. 76k5Blazer

not a member over here but hes a member of one of the clubs i belong too

13. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well that adds an option. Why don't you just get some of the other folks in the club to pressure him to pay up?? Peer pressure is a powerful force. Good luck to ya.

Allan

14. 73tweaker

73tweaker Newbie

Ok well im "The Guy" he worked for,for a few weeks. NOT MONTHS. And the agreement was when he works he gets paid not when he stands around. This was a help type of thing. IT was to help him out and i told him it wasnt going to be forever and it was just a help thing i was just trying to help him out. I had told him some days not to come to work because i did not need him that day and he would show up any ways and expect to get paid. Im still trying to replace all the tools he lost while working with me in the small amount of time he was around. I dont no where he got 900 dollars from but i dont owe him anything. Plus i gave him
    1. Detroit locker
    2. Headers
    3. Front and rear bumpers
    4. Manifolds
    5. Power stearing unit
    6. flowmasters
    7. carburetors
    8. gas tanks
    9. 84 Ford Bronco II that ran
    10. Windsheild
    11. 3.73 Gears for a dana 44
    12. Took him to the rubicon for a week
    13. I drove his busted rig on a trailer from San jose to Tracy
    The list goes on and on of stuff i helped him with /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Think what you want about me but now that you no the truth who owes who in this situation?

"WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

15. 76k5Blazer

The parts were given to me before the agreement was made for us to work together. We worked together starting in the middle of July until the beginning of September.
    I too have given you items and my time as friends do. Such as a couple of complete axles
    Complete Emachine 600 system- this includes monitor, keyboard, mouse, ect. The trip to the Con we both pitched in our share of the costs to go.
    As far as tools being lost .... I offered to replace the tool (hammer) that I lost. However I never received a response from you via email or pm.
    Yes you were trying to help me out by giving me work but it does not help me when you do not pay me for the work I have done.If the work was temporary as you now say then why did we repeatedly talk about you bringing me on to help you with the big jobs you were going to get that you insisted you needed my help with. Why would you want help from someone on the big jobs from someone who just stands around. The ONLY time I EVER stood around was when you were showing me something. Ask anyone else that knows me and they will vouche that I am a hard worker.
    I do not want this to be an online pissing match. I was only seeking anonymous advice here regarding the situation. If you would have had the courtsey to return my phone calls, emails or pms this could have been resolved in a more private way.

16. 73tweaker

73tweaker Newbie

I agree that this is not the place to have a "pissing match" but you started it. When have you ever tried to call me? Never....you just post messages for everyone to see. If you have any balls you would call me directly. Why did I give you the parts in the first place? Because you were suppose to score me a 60 axle from your uncle or someone you know back east which you also posted on NorCal big dawgs and deleted after we posted on there. You did not give me 2 complete axles. You gave me 2- 12 bolt empty housings. ONe is bent and as far as I am concerned you can come and get them. Actually I'm not sure why you gave them to me in the first place. That so called computer you gave me crashed after everything was loaded from my original computer and the hard drive is now GONE! After 1 week. You lost all of my wifes work from the original computer from Microsoft Works. She is not happy about having to redo that. You did us no favors there and can come get the rest of that crap if you want it! Whos Windows XP did you copy to put on there in the first place? So, garbage axles & screwed up computer make up for all that I gave to you? The trip to the Rubicon: HOw much do you think you pitched in? Cause I know for sure it wasn't nearly what I paid. What a mistake that was! Never remember a conversation about replacing the hammer you lost. There were other tools you are conveniently forgetting. NO need to list all of them. As far as you working with me. That was strictly on an as needed basis and only to help you out. I paid you when you worked. You came to my house at least once wanting to "ride along" even after I told you I could not use you and there was nothing for you to do. Where did the $900.00 figure come into play? Thats ridiculous!! I can't pay you for the times we went around to junk yards, being at my house drinking beers,paying for your lunches, etc.... I have not found anyone yet that will vouch for you. This is it from me posting to you. Be a man and call me if you have any further issues with me. IF you want to get dirty, we have our share of dirt on you. Goodbye and good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif What would you do?

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

All I know is the part about drinking beer and free lunchs sounds pretty good to Me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

This guy sounds like an asshat to me. Lucky he hasn't got his ass kicked for telling one of his workers that he's not going to pay him to, "stand around". If I'm at work, I get paid, period.

Good thing you're not my boss. If I couldn't beat your ass with my bare hands, I'd bring help, or a baseball bat, and you'd pay.

That's bullshit to do that to someone. I hope you go out of business treating an employee like that. How fawkin greedy can you be if you own your own business?

19. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I think they're both full of shìt, but nobody's opinions really matter, this should be solved in PM's or personally. Once again:

[​IMG]

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I hire helpers on a regular basis. I teach them what they need to know and that's it. They get free lunch and $75 per day for grunt work. If they don't grunt hard enough for my liking on the first day they don't come back.

From what I can see, there is no way this can be settled in court. Trade offs like parts and free trips and stuff are not negotiable wages and can not be calculated by a court.

Both of you should drop the whole thing and write it off to lessons learned. Shake hands and get on with your lives and quit doing each other favors. Neither one of you seem to appreciate your friendship so blow that off too if you can't get along... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif