Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do? Hit and run -- sort of

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fubeca, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Okay,

So I'm at the end of a long commute, and I pull into the parking garage. After I go up a couple of floors, I notice a guy right on my bumper. We get to a floor with no cars and he zips out in his sporty Taurus SHO and tries to pass me in the garage! Well, I probably should have slowed down and let him but I didn't -- when he cuts back in in front of me he clips my front left fender/bumper. Leaves a little scratch on my car and a little bit worse on his.

So then he floors it and takes off. I don't care too much about this car and the damage is basically a scratch so I just decided to park. So I'm sitting in my car getting my stuff together and he walks back up the ramp -- stops, looks at my car then at me and yells Fuxxer! Then he walks back to his car and drives off again.:confused:

So I'm a little worried for the security of my car now, I move it up another floor. As I'm walking down the stairs -- I see him standing where my car had been parked before. Now I head back up the elevator and get in my car -- I figure I'm better off parking in another garage.

He roars up behind me, and stops for about 10 seconds probably getting my plate number. Then roars off about 300 ft. and stops again for about 30 seconds and then he's off.

I go and park elsewhere. What would you do? I mean it is his fault -- but I likely could have avoided it.

Should I fear for my life -- is he a wacko? My insurance co ran his plates -- I know where he lives -- I wonder if he knows where I live? hmmm....

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Through all of that, I would have made it very obvious that I was writing down his plate number and vehicle description. That might make him think twice about messing with your vehicle and/or you.

I don't know why this guy tried to pass you, he couldn't have been in that big of a hurry if he kept coming back to "intimidate (in his mind)" you.:confused:

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'll have to move down to IA where life moves at a slower pace :D

I'm thinking it has to be one of the following:

A) He's a wacko

B) He thinks I deliberately tagged him w/ my car

C) I intimidate him (with my macho '96 Nissan sentra)

D) He was just a bit emotional and needed to cool down

I don't know. It did kind of ruin my morning though.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

File a complaint with the police. If anything happens to your vehicle, he'll be the first person they look at. Or sense you have his address, well, that's all up to you.

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Nah, we don't need any more "cheese heads" down here!:haha: :haha: :haha: :waytogo:

6. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I called my insurance and they suggested I call the police to cover my butt. So I did, the cop was very nice and took all the info. I guess we'll see what happens.

7. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

By doing that, you have covered your bases. I wouldn't worry too much more about it.;)

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Take it from me, the first person to contact the police is usually the winner.

9. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I think that the guy looked at his car,(which was probably jacked up pretty good) and trotted up to see how jacked-up yours was,(not much at all) and was pissed that he got the worst out of his intemperant behaviour, but I think that will be all that comes out of this.

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

cover your butt first and file a report first and tell insurance agent also. just in case. and then kick his a$$ sebass:D :grin: :cool1:

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Bingo! Immediately call the police any time something like that happens. Using your description of what happened, the other driver comes back, finds your car, gets the plate, and calls to the police first. The other driver describes how he was driving along normal and you clipped him. Then you speed off and he has to track down your car to find out the plate and description. The police talk to this guy first, who is very calm and convincing. Now where would you be? I'd also check to see if there are security cameras in the garage and if they tape. I'd also check around to see if anybody saw it that could be a good witness. Sooner or later you could end up in civil court, or even criminal if the police find the guy and try to charge him with hit and run, and then it would be your word against his unless something tips the scales.