Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do if you could "live like you were dying"?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Apr 4, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If you had a Dr. appointment and he told you that you had a type of cancer that's untreatable, and most people are bedridden 4 months after diag, and die 6 months after diag, how would your mindset and life goals change?

For me, I think I'd drop everything and spend every minute I could teaching my kids life things, and do the stuff we talk about but never get to. I can tell you for sure I'd probably forget about my house repairs and real estate goals... I think I'd also want to build a charity of some sort that helps the downtrodden.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

1) road trip to ORD, have them throw in the doubler and rebuild/check everything on my rig.

2) continue on to moab, wheel until I'm dead.

the end. :)

j

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

good answer!

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What would you do if you could "live like you were dying"?

Well , since I have no kids , I would say the wife has a month to get pregnant .

Then I would live forever :grin:

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

get the wife pregnant so you can stick her with a kid when ur dead? thats just weird. lol. Not sure where the "propagate at all costs" gene went when I was born, but Ive never wanted kids... ever. There is only one jekbrown, I'm the last and the end of this particular part of my family tree. yes, i know my perspective on this is weird, no need to tell me. lol.

j

6. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

pile up a ****load of speeding tickets

7. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

if possible, go to italy and run in the running of the bulls then watch a professional soccer game, go skydiving, scuba diving with my uncle in hawaii again, blow up a few fords, spend time with my family, go wheelin when ever possible, and lastly do something in my town or school that people will always remember me by....yep thats about it

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

x2

I'd go to places I never got to go to that I wanted to, and wheel my junk as much as possible. I'd probably end up doin SAS on the Yukon a lot sooner than expected too.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go to the tittie bars.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd ask Tshy to marry me probably... We are both too young for it now but if I had a month left to live, I'd marry her in a heartbeat.(does that sound romantic or bad?) You'd be invited Ratch, then I could freaking meet you :D

x3

Hmm, I'd buy my sister's Mustang off of her. Throw a blower on it real quick and have a blast. Maybe head out west and hitch a ride with some of you guys for some last minute wheeling.

Oh and I'd tattoo the HELL out of myself. I'd have 2 or 3 artists going at it at once :D I've told Tshy that one before. If I find out I'm dying, I'm getting tattooed like crazy. That and that I want my flesh removed and mounted :D

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Naive.

Or maybe I'm just bitter. :rotfl:

(No, seriously, I know where you're comin from with that)

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Many, many, many years down the road I hope but if it were to be the case (making damn sure the doctors were correct with the prognosis) I'd travel with the wife and kids the whole damn world over. There is way to much out there that I'd love to see and experience with them. The fun part would be to take hot laps at every road racing track we would happen to see along the way. Like 200+ type hot laps.

Not to much into the whole bull riding or sky diving or physical type things out from behind the steering wheel.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Explain things to my wife and let her know that I aim to suceed at two goals I have in life, be on COPs and be on the cover of Soldier of Fortune. Well, where I work, I doubt the COPs thing would fly since they'd have to ride with us for about two years to have enough to fill in 30 minutes, so I would go for goal 2 and would go about it in a fashion that would also make the papers..............

Havana, here I come :D

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well, it may not be as short of a term, but realistically, unless I start transmuting my existance soon, we're all dying.

So, just be happy, and try and make others happy. If you're a proper person, you should only need to be happy, making others happy will com naturally.

If I had immenent death, I'd probably take a long road trip arranging things, and then arm up and go out into the world, come what may.

...and a mail order bride

Dying isn't so bad, surviving is.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've heard it said before that whatever your answer to this question is, you should really get out there and do such things. We are Born Dying, its one of the few things in this world that we all HAVE to do.

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Go out in a blaze of gunfire or retire to a warm and sunny beach with a truck load of cash...

17. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

id run over a few cop cars that pulled me over. i dont really have any goals other than have a truck last more than 2 months

18. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Kim seems to think that they'd be able to fill at least half the show with footage of you trying to get un-stuck on your front lawn........

Kim's funny, eh? :rotfl: :rotfl:

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Do you routinely take out your frustration of your self-intiated mistakes on inanimate objects?

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd take Kim and the kids on a roadtrip to Disneyland in my brand new Caddy CTS, stopping along the way to meet CK5ers I've known for a while.

Then I'd take a flight down to New Jersey to see my father's grave. I've never seen it and have promised myself I would see it before I die. I'd visit a couple of East Coast CK5ers while I'm there.

I would take both my daughters on a dad/daughter 2 day backpacking trip to Mt. Assiniboine. I would honestly and candidly answer every single question they asked me.

And I would eat ice cream and potato chips every gawddammed day.......