Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you do?(LLLLLOOOOOONNNGGG)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Feb 3, 2003.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

OK. Last year I bought a blazer for $500 bucks. The blazer had basicly no interior, prinmer paint job, 6"lift, worn out 350 motor, blown up tranie and blown up 1/2 ton runing gear but no title. The guy said that the guy before him had lost the title and that niether of them had ever botherd to file for lost title. But none of that mattered becasue i had a suburban with a broken frame that EVERYTHING else was good on(perfect motor, tranie, transfer case, 3/4 ton gear, and so on)but any way i got the blazer swaped EVERYTHING over from sub to blazer. So one day i deside that its about time to get the title. So i do some calling and end up learning that the title wasnt lost, as was origanly thought but that it had a lean against it from North West Ttile loans. Yep some one had taken the title pulled a loan on it and never paid it back. So my parents, noing that i got so so screwed over devide to buy me a '80 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif Well sence it was a no go on the title i took the lift and axles off the blazer and put them in the pickup. then i blow up the tranie so i take that out of the blazer as well. Well a few months later i find out I can get the title by way of a mechanics lean. So i take the necisary steps and bam i now have the title to the blazer /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i have just disasembled for the pickup. Now i dont know why but for some reason im just (still)in love with that dam blazer. So my Question to you guys is what would you do(with the blazer and the pickup)? This is what the blazer needs to be "done" axels, lift, tranie, paint, int., tires.the pick up is just fine the way it is but i would still rather have the blazer (when it's done) over the pick up as it sets now.(emotional and sentimental bond i guess)So am I crazy for being totaly willing to do all this work and spend all this money or should i go for it and follow my dreams of blazer niceness?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

well if your so attached to the blazer, this question can really only be answered by you....... Go for the blazer if you love it so much... or heres an idea, i been thinking about this, i cant remember who on this site has done it but.... Swap all your [censored] to the blazer, Take the truck cab put it on the blazer frame, and make a flat bed for it, then you have parts of both rigs, and once bad ass rig to show for it all.......... ;]

3. Silver84k5

Btw, where you at in portland?..............

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

man that was quik!. Il ive in S.E. (122nd and powell)

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    This is what the blazer needs to be "done" axels, lift, tranie, paint, int., tires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that all? That's nothin! Keep it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Silver84k5

heh i drive me delivery can in that area everyday.... Didnt it get pretty flooded there last week?..... I wanted to take my truck down there and see if the news would film me splashin in the water.

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...build em both. One for a hardcore trail rig, and one for a daily driver.

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Yeah, it Flooded. Parts of Foster and Division werte closed due to high water. Well thanks guys and gals for all your help. I think that settles it im just gonna bight the financial bullet and start back in on her. again thanks alot.

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Charge the loan company $10 dollars a day for however they have been "storing" it on your property. I know someone who got a title that way.