Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Would You Do??? (long)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by marine_enlisted, Mar 18, 2003.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I need your guys advice. I have an 86 GMC High Sierra Short Box Fleetside 1/2 ton. 4" lift , 33's I transplanted a 98 vortec 350 complete with the fuel injection, and have a 700r4. It's my daily driver here in the Washington DC area traffic. It's an awesome daily driver. I am very picky when it comes to bodywork and worn interior. The truck looks great from 10 feet but it has the normal rust patches under the curves of the body also the dash is cracked and the interior is faded and worn. I was planning on re -doing all of this and transplanting parts from a 91 sub, mainly front clip , doors with power mirrors and light gray interior. Then I came across a 91 sub with every option you could think of ,4x4 1/2 ton , full power, rear A/C, 2 tone gray with spotless light gray interior, captains chairs 88,000mi, new trans, and a locked up 350. Body has a dent in one of the barn doors and to small spots of rust on the bottom of each barn door for $1000.00 I can't keep both vehicles. What should I do. Take all the parts I need to fix up the truck and part out the sub, or swap all the goodies from the truck to the sub including converting from TBI to Vortec, and part out the truck. I've never owned a sub before, but this is the one I would want if I had to choose one. What do you guys think? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

wow, wish i had that delimma, sounds like and awesome truck either way you decide. guess its a matter of personal choice in that regard.