Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do...serious?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Oct 22, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Heres the situation: Back in August I put my old sidepanels from the Jimmy up for sale on Ebay. Sold for 31 bucks and me and winner started to email back and forth. Told me he could have UPS pick them up. I boxed them up and replied back asking how the UPS thing was going to work. He never responded. I assumed he didnt want the panels anymore so I just forgot about it. Heres where it gets interesting. Last week I get on paypal to check my account and see that the guy payed for the panels back in August. So I emailed him explaining the situation and seeing what he wanted me to do. I sent him a copy of both our last emails. He hasnt responded. I want to do the right thing but if he's not going to respond then I dont know. I also want to put them back on Ebay but not sure if I should or not.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you want to relist them, I'd refund his money first. Give it a few weeks, Email him and ask if he still wants them, or if he wants a refund.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yeah I emailed him a week ago asking what he wanted to do ie want the panels or money back. Still havent heard from him. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have the same exact situation going on. I sold a trailer on eBay to a guy in Minnesota. He supossedly was on his way out to pick it up and his truck broke down. He paid for it on paypal right away ($636.00). That was last March. I have not heard from him since and he is no longer a registered user on eBay. I decided to give him until March to arange for pickup or it goes back on the block and I am keeping his money......

If I were you I would keep track of any correspondence that you have shared with him, especially if he said he will make pickup arrangements. If you refund his money deduct the cost of the auction before you do so and relist the items.

John

5. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

check with paypal on their current policy towards your situation. failure to complete a transaction once money has been transferred can get ugly on you real fast. let paypal know that you are attempting to deliver the item in question and they should give you a window in which they will cover you for loss. i sold a set of speakers through ebay and sent them to a kid apparently at his college and they were sent back to me. i couldn't get ahold of the buyer through email, ebay or paypal. told paypal what was going on and forwarded all copies of emails and the tracking number of the package to the customer service rep that handled it. was told to wait for their response. 32 days later i got an email saying that i and they had fulfilled their requirements and that i was to retain the item and its payment. i assume that they couldn't get a response from him either. those were only $75 speakers, thought. i don't know what they would do over that trailer.

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did he leave bad feedback for you on ebay, also you could refund the money through paypal.