Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you do with this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 4, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

my 84 blazer has been sitting for awhile(after its been painted for 2+years) the body on it is starting to decay again the along rockers and the bedsides were damn near shot anyway, floor is in excellent condition though (it was replaced) i put cut out fenders flares on it, i was thinking of getting a southern body for it, but since i already have a nice daily driver, i was thinking of making this my play toy, but be able to street it. now mind you i live in ohio, no rough territory that i have found, so it would be more of a flat hilly trail rig/mudder. i already have 3/4ton axles for it and x-over steering on it. would i be better off to get a p/u cab and put on it and make like a bed/storage/fuel cell area. just kinda curious what yall think, it orignally started out i wanted to make it a show truck but rust got in the picture of that and it seems like you guys have to damn much fun with your rigs anyhow /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, why a waste a perfectly good chevy(chasis). let me know what you think, just want input and ideas and pics maybe of similar vehichles. thanks chris

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Here would be my plan:

1. Put the 3/4 ton's under it and lock it front and rear (weld the rear to save $ and lockright or whatever the front) with a decent gear ratio. (4.10 or lower)
    2. Put some cheap lift in it. Front springs, rear add a leaf with a 1" ORD zero rate and a 1" body lift.
    3. Cut the piss out of the fenders and get rid of all the rust.
    4. Waterproof the intake and ignition
    5. Buy the biggest nastiest mud tires you can afford.
    6. Dump some $ into the engine to make some extra HP's. Headers, exhaust, intake, etc.
    7. Put something resembling a cage or rollbar in it and some good racing lap belts or 5 point in.
    8. Heavy duty recovery points, and or winch.
    9. Do your very best to get someone (preferably not yourself) to urinate on themselves from fear.
    10. Take pictures and make one of those Priceless Pieces on the person. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

1. guess i should have mentioned, they are already under it.
    2. has 6in susp, and 3in body
    3. can do /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif didnt buy a saws-all for nothin
    4. can do
    5. bought 38.5 swampers for it tsls
    6. have a running 396 lined up for it (800 bucks) /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    7. give me a reason to buy pipe bender /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    8. good thing for the hobart 220 welder /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    9. easy find a ford guy right!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    10. girlfriend got me a digital camera for christmas

man why do i think this it all supose to be like this /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like your there! I think the truck idea isnt bad at all. I've seen this and it works out ok.

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i was kinda thinkin the same thing, my front fenders are new aftermarket with the cutouts on them so there good, and the doors are good/new aftermarket. just depends on money like with everything else plus i might be able to save and sell the entire floor what do you think?

6. Damn Chris that paint didn't last long !!! What a shame she was looking sweet. I'd say just have fun with her til she becomes a tube buggy !!! Hack the fenders some more, cut the rockers off and make rock sliders out of them and then bob the back tooo !! To hell with legal !!! You could park it next to my Jimmy for a week or two and see what she looks like when I am done !!! I am thinking about 3/4 or 1 ton axles right now !!!

7. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

yea i know thats what i get for doing it at school and having an instructor rush me!!! oh well i doubt i could have held out to long with all the fun you guys have on here, i woud've ended up playin anyhow.!!!!