Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you do???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rubbinz raczn, Oct 30, 2004.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

here goes. gonna build a system. i currently have 7 amps. 3 subs 2 cd head units and a variety of speakers. i had a nice system in a pathfinder i sold that i removed. question is,my truck (1967 gmc) is not a daily driver. but when i was building it i planned on putting a system in.floors- ceiling-doors-firewall are dynamat extreme lined. it's all or nothin! the gmc would have a JL10w7 sub driven at 700 watts. kicker 8" midbass drivers at 150 watts. diamond audio 6.5 comps in front bi-amped 125 watts to mids 50 to tweets. all controlled by a audiocontrol dqx digital crossover-30 band eq. the truck is clean but i want to wheel it. getting another rig for trail use is a sore subject with the wife. i have since purchased a 95 pathfinder and thought about doing the system for that. weight is not really a concern on the gmc since i am not gonna be trimming stuff off this truck. should i put the badass system in the gmc and go easier on my ears since i drive it alot less,or put it in the nissan and stick to wheelin? thanks for any input? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I would put it in the DD. It is just more stuff to get messed up in the inevitable wheelin' rollover. besides, there is no reason to have music that loud on the trail, and it would kill the batt in no time back in camp (ask me how I know!). I have a similar kind of setup, Zapco 1100M driving a 13W7 and a Zapco 360 driving the JL 650 components in my Jimmy. If I could buy another DD and build this into a wheeling rig, I would take the system out and put it in the DD truck....

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree, I spend more time in the daily driver, so that's where I want my tunes.

4. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

yeah i spose hearing the motor and what else is going on with the truck is more important than tunes. thanks!