Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4k20, Jun 24, 2005.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i had my 04. atv stolen. it was not insured i still owe over 4500 0n it.so i am still making payments 2 months later and it hasnt been found yet i doubt it ever will be recoverd. so now i am thinking about getting another one and making payments on it and stop paying on the one that was stolen.is this a bad ideal or what? i really dont know what will happen so i need some input let me know what you guys think.i really would like to have another atv i loved it.. it was a honda rancher 4x4 :confused:

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

if you quit making payments on it, that will screw up your credit. Don't buy another one unless you can afford to insure it. Was it stolen from your house? Homeowners insurance might cover that.

Tom

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

Don't do that. You'll be sorry and pay more in the long run.... even the short run. Just suck it up and keep paying. I won't go into detail on what happens with your credit and the snowball effect of it. That would take way too much time. But take it from a guy who has screwed his credit beyond belief that it sucks hard core. I did it fighting for custody of my son, but if it was fow a quad, I would hurt myself for it. Seconed, if you have home owners insurance/renters insurance, call them. They may cover it. If they ask, it was stolen from your garage or backyard.... hope the police report says the same thing...

4. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

my credit isnt any good now anyways i was really surprised that honda would finance another one but i have always made the payments on time and even was sending in more than the payment trying to pay it off sooner . i had a 98 that i bought from honda and payed it off quickly. i also thought my homeowners would cover it . that why i didnt get any other ins. but when i called them and told them about it getting stolen they asked if i had ever taken it off my proptey i told them yes i may had . that was all it took the adjuster said it wasnt covered because i told him it had been off .they recorded our coversation. so i couldnt go back and lie. which i think it bullcrap since i had been with state farm for more than 20 years.but i just dont know what to do i have never had any thing stolen before especailly rite out of my pickup sitting in my yard .that what has me so mad.

5. google

google 1/2 ton status

They can still sue you. It's just a bad idea all around. And, it's no better than what happened to you. They paid for the bike. Are you gunna steal it from them just cause someone stole it from you? They will prolly make you give back the seconed bike you get anyway in the long run.

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

AHH, I didn't finish reading it before I posted the last one. Call the insurance company that insures your pickup. Was it fastened down? I'm sure it was!!! It's worth a try and IMHO worth going down to your local atty office for a free consoltation

7. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Don't stop paying on it. Even if your credit is bad this could make it worse. And it's just plain wrong. I would definitely NOT finance another 4 wheeler. A 4 wheeler is definitely not a necessity for most people and even if it is for you just try to find a cheap used one to make do for a while. On top of that financing a 4 wheeler is just not a good idea. Especially if you have bad credit already. I would be trying to get out of debt and get my credit repaired if I were you. Creating more debt is definitely a bad idea.