Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do...

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Michk5, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    As some of you know I'm headed to Kansas (McConnell AFB) in a few months from Overseas. I originally planned to build a flexy trail rig but the more I look into the wheeling I'll be doing I think it would be more fun to have a rig with a 12' lift (trim the rest) and some of the new 47 LTB's or 49 Irok's :D I have never liked the trucks with huge lifts because I saw them as useless for the type of wheeling I liked to do. However, if mud is what I'll be wheeling 99% of the time why not have a rig built for it?? With this plan, I would re-gear the one tons down to 5:13's with detroits in both ends, build a decent BBC and th400/NP205, throw in some 1 ton drive shafts and HUGE meats and hit the mud holes :D Of, course I would address the steering issues with crossover and hydro-assist.

Is it me or is there really more to do than just mud? If you were in my situation would you build a trail truck or a mud truck?

In case you didn't see the 47 LTB pics I posted in the garage here's one
    [​IMG]

47 LTB vs 49 Irok
    [​IMG]

2. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

why not do both?

i was looking at my parts pile the other day and it hit me. i have the 12 inch lift, 39.5 boggers, one tons, crossover and enough stuff laying around that i can build a tall mud truck, i have an 87 k10 i was thinking of selling, now i may build it into the mud truck. and use my m1008 as the recovery rig for when i stick it good. :haha:

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I would build a trail truck with those tires. Versatile trucks are more fun...

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Good trail rig. There is more than mud around these parts. Then again, most of the rock buggies around here use Rockies and 42"+ tires :eek1:

John