Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by theitalian404, Oct 31, 2005.

1. theitalian404

theitalian404 Registered Member

Hey everyone. I need your advice. I am currently 15, and will be driving in may of 2006 when i turn 16. I have rode/raced quads my whole life. Here is my dilemna. I have an oppurtunity to get an 4x4 80' or 4x4 84' K-10 for a trade of my 04' Suzuki Z-400. Fair deal to me. My dad told me if i want to stay in the sport of atv's he would give me his DD, a 98' F-150 2wd longbed, V-6; when i get my license. Would ya'll stay in the sport of atv's...or go for 4x4'ing. I'd just keep my atv, and take my dads 4x4 on the trail once a month or so(2000 Chevy 3500 4 door 4x4, 454)...but you can't beat on a 35,000 dollar truck like you can a 3000 dollar K-10...plus, i can't call it mine. I used to have a 93 S-10 Blazer 4x4....but I sold it to get another atv. Pretty much...I just need opinions/advice. Im 15, and my mind gets new ideas every minute. Atv's and 4x4's are sooo fun...I live in the country...and everyone has a 4x4 or atv....so either way I have racing buddies, or 4x4 buddies. Just tell me what ya'll would do if you were in my moccasions.

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

What part of Ga you in?

What I would do is keep doing the ATV thing, and save up for a cheap 4x4. thats exactly what I did.. When I was your age I rode my ATV almost every day... I still have it, but don't find time to ride it as much anymore.. but I did some work, got some graduation money, and bought a decent 4x4 for $1000 bucks.. these old trucks are money pits, so I would suggest just saving back some cash and having one as a side project...

3. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

keep the atv.you could put it in the furd and take it in the hills.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

keep the ATV. Its worth more then the K10 I'd say. Get a job, save money, trade the Ford in on a something newer that you can call your own and wheel later. By the by, I'm 20 so its no old man talking :D :haha:

5. theitalian404

Yeah, I guess the atv thing still appeals to me. But lemme tell some of you guys...atv's can get just as pricey as 4x4's. Right now my ITP bead locks are $180 a piece. And one thing I forgot to mention....that guy was going to give me $1500 plus the truck for the trade of my Z-400. And 78suburban, im in Newnan, two hours or so south of athens; or an hour from Griffin, depending on what area you know better.

6. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Newnan.. home of Go-kart world :wink1: ... I'm from talbot county. If you don't mind a drive and wanna have some real fun, you need to go to elko boggin. Me and a buddy are going there this saturday :D ..

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Haha, keep the ATV, I'm only 18 and have two self propelled vehicles, a trailer, and sold my sled to build up my trail truck. I'm currently trying to figure out a deal to sell one of my vehicles and buy two more...not to mention I've been eyeing sleds lately :D

If you still like your ATV just hang onto it and keep riding. You can always put more money into additional vehicles at a later date...but one that you already have and have customized to your liking isn't something you can just go out and buy back when you're ready.

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

home of go-kart world huh? buy my go-kart!!!! its in the for sale forum :haha:

what u need to do: sell z400 for cash, buy my go-kart, get k10...and everybody is happy :D

since that isnt an option, keep the z400 those are badass, i almost bought one, but i bought my k5 instead. my theory was that id have more fun in a fullsize...gatta say im glad i didnt get the atv. but since u already got the atv, just keep it, especially if u can wheel with ur dads truck, then u can drive it like u stole it ;) im 17, since we are throwin out ages :p:

9. Mammoth2

Mammoth2 Registered Member

Did everone get that....v6 4x4.......that your answer..........anything else, your not gonna have money for GIRLS or anything else....because it will be going for gas :doah:

10. theitalian404

ha, your saying i need to wheel my 2wd f-150? haha

11. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nothin wrong with a 2wd baja bomber...c'mon...you know you wanna :D

12. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

id keep the quad...get the f150 and use it like a rental car...u can make any vehicle fun when u use it like a rental car (with insurance of course) then save up for a nice old chevy. i did the samething almost, i have a cr125 and i got that when i was 15...im 17 now and i could of sold it to get a truck, but i kept it and im glad i did...i now have both, my toy and my k5

13. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

I havnt been riding my quad much lately, been to busy with my truck and other stuff. But if i ever finish my truck i would like to get back into atvs, they're wayyy cheaper. Everything for trucks is more expensive and there is just to many things you can get for a truck that soon enough you'll have no money :D For $1500 you could get some hotcams, good exhuast, a new ignition and some other goodies. $1500 for a truck would get you tires and a lift. No lockers or gears or any of that. Those trucks that you were offered, are they lifted at all or have good tires on them?