Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sarasotausmc, May 8, 2006.

1. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So, I'm shopping for tires online, found something that looked cheap (affordable) at www.onlinetires.com. There no price was listed for the tires, so like many sites, go through the checkout process to see if I get a price. After adding zip code (nothing else), I get an invoice to pay $76.55 for four (4) 35x12.50x15 Hercules Terra Trac ATs shipped.

Now, obviously, this is a mistake or problem with their page. I know this just as well as any of you do. I could order and be out $77 for a while and do one of two things. Steal their tires or resolve with them after paying and eventually get my money back. Is placing an order binding on them to give goods for the stated price?

The right answer is to say forget it, but, it seems like a decent gamble. I've spent more at a table in Vegas and walked away with nothing to show for it.

What would you do?

2. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

It's got to be something with their site. I just did the same thing and it's only charging the $71.25 shipping. The tires are free. Try it, I'll go for it too if it works.

3. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

hehe... I went through this a while back with 4 Wheel Parts. They had 42" TSL's mismarked and a set of 5 totalled a little less than $300 to my door, well I wasn't the only one to try to score on their goof, I got my order confirmation and all was set to work out till 2 days later a rep called and said they could not honor the order. :D Oh well...

Clay

4. sarasotausmc

It's funny, because all of the other tires show a price, and the ones I was looking at aren't listed as out of stock. I could hope for some knucklehead to ship em out, or if like Clay, they call and say that I'm the knucklehead for trying to get away with it.

I've tried it a few times and keeps coming out the same, and I haven't seen any disclaimers on the site. Now that the wife has gone to bed, I'm going to gamble.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I did that with gmpartsdirect...they listed a part number that normally went for $400+, for around $20. I quickly ordered one, sure enough, it was an entirely different piece when I got it. I had no problem getting my money back from them though, definitely worth the chance IMO. :)

6. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

7. sarasotausmc

I plan on being there, 31's or 35's. I should have the right feet on by then though.