Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by misterfnygy, Jun 10, 2006.

1. misterfnygy

misterfnygy 1/2 ton status

I got a present today- my cousin is moving and she decided to give me her truck for helping pack!! Not really in that great of shape but it was free... 1991 K2500, ext cab long bed- drivers door needs some work- hopefully new bushings will fix it. Transmission slips. everything else is in decent shape and works good.

So here are my options-

part out the truck and keep the t-case for my blazer

fix the tranny and door, clean it up and sell it for $3500-$4000 to put lots of new stuff on the blazer

Fix the truck and use it for a hauling/tow rig- I have a 2002 1/2 ton right now and would really like a 3/4 ton

So any thoughts??

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

id almost say ditch the 02 and put some money into this truck. but I prefer older trucks. Im sure the 02 is alot tmore reliable then the 91 will ever be

3. misterfnygy

misterfnygy 1/2 ton status

Well the 02 is my daily driver- lifted, modded, stereo, etc. and I really don't want to give it up. I think I will cannabalize the 91 for blazer parts then make a truggy out of whats left- new option I came up with this morning.