Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b454rat, Jun 18, 2006.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm 99.9% sure that I sold my truck, and tho my 89 is on the road, it still needs some work, and have nothing to drive while that stuff is getting done. I REALLY want a 2 door Tahoe, found a couple, but getting one will almost negate the reason I sold my truck, payments. One that I found is super nice, fully loaded, no rust, new tranny and can get it for $3700. Found another that I could get maybe for $2500, but has some rust, and don't know much else about it. There is a truck up the road from for sale, 87 GMC 1/2 4wd, TBI305, 4-speed, plane jane truck, which I like. Definitaly has rust, might be able to get it for a grand, but I haven't talked to them about, other than they wanted $2k for it, yeah right. Don't know what else it needs other than exhaust. I have a baby on the way, and would like the Tahoe for that reason, and having A/C, but I will still have a payment. I can get the truck and have no payment, but no A/C. Plus if I get a Tahoe, I can't leave anything alone, and will most likely do a SAS on it. I have 75% of the parts to do it. Also have a line on an 89 2wd S-10 blazer, with A/C, but it's a town truck, and getting stuff from them can be a major PITA. So, what would you get or do?? And don't say get a car, I can't stand cars anymore. I don't like standing up to get out of something.....

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i love the 2door yukon/tahoes. if i could find one in good shape with a 6.5 id buy it in a heartbeat. then of course do a sas :)

if not a diesel, at least a 96 or newer to get the vortec engine

3. b454rat

I don't want the Vortec, I don't know how "tolerable" the computers are on those when you swap a 400 in. I had a truck with a TBI406 and ran awesome, want to do the same with a Tahoe. I guess when the guy shows up with the money in his hand, and I see the truck pull out of the driveway, then I will say it's sold and go from there.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

good plan:)

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

If you have a baby on the way I'd go with the "no payment" plan, save your money, and pay cash for an upgrade down the road. Financing autos is not a good thing. Just my .02.

6. b454rat

Well the guy that was supposed to buy my truck, was supposed to call "in a couple days" so he can get some money. He has the money, but I guess the wife is being a PITA. So it's been a couple days now, and still haven't heard anything. IF this guy doens't buy it, then SCREW IT, I'm not selling it. I'm getting so sicked and f'n tired of people looking at the truck, running and hiding when they here it has a 454. I test drove a 95 Tahoe, and thought it would go OK, seeing how it's smaller vehicle, but I wasn't impressed. Couldn't even spin one tire, and it didn't have the G80. Didn't accelerate hard at all. The reason I wanted the Tahoe is for the A/C, don't like the idea of a baby with the windows rolled down. But, I don't think that I will have the baby in my truck for awhile anyways. But, I appreciate the opinions and such, hopefully things will work out....hopefully.