Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jun 9, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If you see someone driving down the road with a little baby in the car, and they have a wheel bearing going so bad, or the lugnuts are loose or whatever, the wheel is wobbling like crazy, and they insist they can "drive 60 for now and get it fixed later, cause they know what they're doing", what would you do? Do you call a cop and get them to chase that vehicle off the road and towed? Do you ignore it and say "oh well, if that baby dies, it's on thier conscience"?

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I would most likely honk my horn,and get the driver's attention. Also pointing at the tire helps. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Call the police. While the infant in the car is unfortunate - even without the infant the vehicle poses a significant risk to the general public. With the infant in the vehicle it may qualify as child endangerment.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd call the cops too. Driving a vehicle in obvious need of repair is bad enough. The minute you put the safety of a child at risk it becomes a "911" kinda thing.

*******waiting for mj to tell me that I'm wasting the cops' time********

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That's a 50/50 choice.

50% chance you could say something to the driver about it and he will blow up and get all pissy with you about telling him what to do and how to drive. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

50% chance would be that the driver would understand what you were saying and see that you were concerned and try to get the problem fixed. Afterall, the welfare of the child is more important than anything else. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Now if it were me in that situation, I would probably step back and call a cop instead. Too many fruit-loops in this world today and I want no part of any "road rage" crazies that we all hear or read about. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you have a cell phone, call the cops. Try to stop the car if possible. We're talking about the life of a child aswell as that of anyone close when that wheel bearing let's loose. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would call the cops there wouldnt even be any thinking involved for me any time you put a child at risk that is just plain wrong and if that kid got hert or worse i could not live with myself knowing that if i would have done something about it that kid would be ok

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

quit wasting the cops time.

what a bunch of nosy busy bodies on here.
    no wonder (!! operators dont do a good job,
    after listening to your petty calls all day I wouldnt give a rats xxx either

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What a Dildo /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Saveing lives is not wasteing a cop's time. Does the moto "To protect and serve" sound familure ??? How about "Tax dollors" /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

HAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for being so predictable........

11. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

He was just fawkin with you /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

With me being a female /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I would call the cops. If they look like nice people I might try to get their attention. You've got to remember that lots of people are worried about someone coming up along side of them and saying "your car is on fire" then they pull over and the "good semaritian (sp?)" pulls over with them, shoots the father, rapes the mother, kidnapps the kid. *shrug*
    I've had someone tell me that my motor just threw a rod (when it was running perfectly fine) and I said, "Oh...okay..." and then pulled over to a very public place just to get him away from me. There's a bunch of sickos out there. So, something like that I think it's better to call the cops and hope there is one patrolling the area who can come and take care of it.

PS-good thing I know something about cars/trucks /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Both ! I'd try and stop the car as soon as possible AND call the police for the child endangerment issue ! </font color>

13. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

id stop the car and if they do something about it themselves kool.But if they keep driving then id call the blue.

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

PROTECT and SERVE
    why do you think those words are directed towards you, Joe Citizen?
    reminds me of an old sci fi film where the aliens had a book, and people translated the title "TO SERVE MAN".
    most assumed it was a good thing until the end when they find out it is a cookbook.

15. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

hey just dont become a cop in phoenix wouldnt want to get shot and have that not important enough for you to show up to.

16. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

..........so I guess I am the only one that wouldn't call the cops. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No I meant if you'd already been in communication with the driver, and they insisted they knew what they were doing and that it would be fine, they have had experience and it isn't as bad as it looks.

If I was alone in my vehicle, I'd block them. There is no other choice in my opinion, it's like wondering if you should take a hijackers gun away if you had the opportunity. I'd call 911 on the cell, leave the line open, and get in front of the vehicle and try to block it.

18. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I'd just start throwing rocks at 'em.

19. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

a good shoot out I would go to!
    killin' citizens is what I signed up fo'
    thats why I want the high capacity spray n pray 9mm

20. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

WOW you have a death wish.
    he could have just robbed a bank and wants to get the heck outa Dodge.
    or
    just has a pound of crank under the passenger seat and REALLY doesnt wanna talk to Johnny law.

other then that you could probably be charged with forcible confinement.