Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you do ???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Was planning on running the main power cable for my amp in the 98 Dodge Stratus today, but ( isn't there always a but) I can't get my hands down in there. It's all too small for me. I can't even see a place to run it through. I called a local stereo shop and they said they can hook everything up for $50.00 , so would you say "to hell with it" and pay the $50.00 ??? I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep! I don't like messing with stereo stuff because it is easy to burn something up if it isn't right. I have had both my stereos that have been in my K5 professionally installed.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It'd be no problem to install it myself in a K5, but the 98 Stratus is a completely different story. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Pay to have it installed. You would save yourself $$$ worth of frustration, and they can do it in a fraction of the time it would take you.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I'm going to have to make a appointment then. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I'm going to have to make a appointment then. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Good decision

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hey, I just didn't wanta sound like a weenie that couldn't hook up a stereo. But then again, I really don't want to mess with the wireing in newer vehicles either, it's a nightmare, and so cramped that you can't get your hands in there anyways. That's what I love about the old K5, it's so simple to work with. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

bring it edina minnsota ill do it for free /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif J/W are you thinking of havin a place like best buy,audio king,circuit city do this or an actual car audio shop. if it was me id do it myself always have and always will. i just dont trust many people

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Local car stereo shop. I would do it myself, but the just isn't any room between the sideways motor and the firewall. I can't see a place too run the power cable through, and I can't get my arm down in there to feel for one. Remember, this is in a 1998 Dodge Stratus. (The daily driver)

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Local car stereo shop. I would do it myself, but the just isn't any room between the sideways motor and the firewall. I can't see a place too run the power cable through, and I can't get my arm down in there to feel for one. Remember, this is in a 1998 Dodge Stratus. (The daily driver)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why you should never install the equipment into your vehicle. You should always leave it on the kitchen floor (or table) and simply take lots of pictures of everything and post them up on a popular Audio message forum instead...... cleaner, cheaper, easier. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason why you should never install the equipment into your vehicle. You should always leave it on the kitchen floor (or table) and simply take lots of pictures of everything and post them up on a popular Audio message forum instead...... cleaner, cheaper, easier. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Oh, okay. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

13. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's an idea:
    1. get in the floor board
    2. find a hole/opening/or drill one (hard part)
    3. take a clothes hanger
    4. straighten the hanger
    5. stick it through the hole
    6. find the other end under the hood
    7. tape your power wire to it using electrical tape
    8. gently pull it through

You could probably do it faster than it took me to type this. Just saved you $50 and a half of day without your ride. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Tuesday at noon I get to spend some money. But atleast it'll bump. F_ck Chrysler's cab forward design, it's a PITA to work with. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The daily driver bumps now. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm very impressed with the Kicker L7 subwoofer. I'm running a single 12" L7 in a sealed box wired for 4ohm, (so my amp is only doing 350watts rms / 700watts peak) and this thing hits hard. Sounds real good. I would recomend the Kicker L7 subwoofers to anyone for a daily driver. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif