Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you guys do? Money Problems Sell the rig or find another way?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84CUCV, Jun 4, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Well, Here is what is going on. I am a24 year old guy that got bit big time by the chevy bug. I have a 86 parts M1009, M1009 I am redoing, Just about perfect M1008, a perfect M1009 w/16,000 miles on it and a 79 4x4 1 ton crew cab Set of new chevy 1 ton axles a used 205 to a 400 w/ drive shafts, New 36" tiers and rimes. More diesel stuff and parts then I know what to do with. For me when it comes it comes all at once. As soon as the rain stops I was going to start my first build up. Now all this crap with money hits me and my family. My family is incredible! I hate to see my mother worried. I know it is just a truck and I should probably stop being a a$$ about this. I was offered 7500 for my perfect M1009 by a collector and I know a lot of what I have is worth some to someone. The 1008, parts M1009 and the crew cab or on the way out. Those of you in the diesel forum should know me I asked a thousand questions on it. So, what would you guys do? Any ideas would be great. Sorry for making it so long. Thanks Mike

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Did I count FIVE vehicles??

Personally, I have enough trouble finding the money to keep a single hobby-truck going. I'm not sure how you expect to keep 5 running, let alone have the time to enjoy them all....

I'd suggest picking maybe one that's a reliable daily driver-type rig (and keep that)....then pick one other one that can be your "project truck". Sell off everything else.

Each additional vehicle you try to hold on to is just going to "dilute" your money and available time for the hobby.

Just my $.02

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

too mant rigs. Sell those you are least emotionally attached to.

In my case, no one will ever, ever, ever OWN my rig. I'll part it out before anyone else is in the driver's seat. JMHO.

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

well since the rain will NEVER stop..... i agree, sell some off and get the $$$ needed for family.

Really, i don't think this f'n rain will ever stop.

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

im with everyone else on this one.it is real hard to keep one vehicle going with new mods and everything else.i would do as all have said here,keep one as a daily driver and one other to mess around with and sell what ever else you got.family first is how i see it,but then again i will never sell my blazer for any reason.i will live in this thing before someone else get ahold of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

GEt your priorities straight. Are the trucks or your family's well being more important? And why the heck do you need 5 trucks???

7. 84CUCV

It just came around so I bought it all up. I am getting rid of all of it. This is what I should have done in the first place. I need to help my family. Iwill get a new k5 down the road I guess. Thanks guys mike

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: What would you guys do? Money Problems Sell the rig or find another wa

All I can say is, if any of the vehicles you own are what you will ALWAYS want/like, selling it now will come back to haunt you later. If you've done any mods to the ones you are contemplating selling, your time will not be rewarded with more money when you sell them. (with *very* few cars being the exception to this)

Otherwise, I'm pretty much with everyone else. I've been in your position (kind of)...3 vehicles, one running. A daily driver, a truck, and a project car. Since all my vehicles are unending projects, three of them was too much. I could keep one up and running, and should one die, I could bring the other one out to use with a little work. But I never had the time nor money to fix all of them right away.

If you aren't attached to the vehicles, and don't really intend to get others of the same later, sell them. If you want to keep one or two, do so, and sell the others. You'll find a way to get more money.

9. 84CUCV

Re: What would you guys do? Money Problems Sell the rig or find another wa

I am selling them soon. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It is the right thing to do. Mike