Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you guys do?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85 Jimmy, Jul 25, 2006.

1. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

alright i've got a crate 350 from jegs and a 700r4 from TCI. i've also got a TPI off of a 86 iroc camaro and changing it to speed density useing a 91 corvette ECM

anyway i have an old wore out 305 and an old 700r4 that likes to act up on me sometimes in the truck right now and i'm waiting on some money to get the TPI right, and it might take awhile to get the money.

would you guys go ahead and put in the new motor and tranny in and just put on the edelbrock performer intake and carb on it for now and wait for the money to do the TPI later? or just get it all and do the motor/tranny/fuel injection swap all at once?

keep in mind this is my DD so i plan on doing it in a weekend, and thinking about it, it seems like it'd be easier if i do the motor/tranny one weekend and then do the injection swap another weekend

what would you guys do???

2. sgarrison

sgarrison 1/2 ton status

I would do the eng. and trans. swap now and get the little bugs worked out of that. When you do the F.I. install you won't be chasing too many things at once.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Deffinately get the engine and trans in now and do the FI later.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Engine/tranny first then injection.. X3