Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you pay for this? My friend might buy it...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by landsmasher, Mar 12, 2004.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

72 4wd but front is disconnected. Some idiot took out the old tranny and transfer case and put a T400 in it and only hooked up the 12 bolt rear. Front is D44 but not hooked up.
    Extra tranny and Xfer case comes with it. Top is included. Interior is nice... Everything works... I told him if he didnt buy it I would. Seller wants $800...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my heart just skipped a beat, would I buy it? In a hearbeat.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i buy it for 800 bucks..... It has the th400 with what Transcase? or did he put in a 2wd trans??? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

show up with 500 cash. see what he does. have a buddy go with you and have him holding 150 cash, and ask to borrow it from him if he doesnt Sell for 500...

4. landsmasher

The tranny that's in it is a TH400. That's all I know. The old tranny and transfer case were taken out but still work and are included. I think the guy tried to make a Pre Runner out of it... Idiot... If He doesn't buy it I will. I even told him that I would pay $1000 for it.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

looks like a good buy... just make sure there isnt too much Jimmy rigged [darn] on there....

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

$800 as it sits in the pics? Shite, the wheels and tires alone are worth $400.......

I wish I lived where you're at. Up here you don't even find trucks like that anymore.

7. landsmasher

I know.. Dang it.. I told the guy to buy it... I told him that if he didn't want it I would buy it. I Told him to buy it and sell it to me for a grand... LOL!!! Let's see what he does...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

As it sits now I'd go withdraw my savings and buy it. So what if my old lady leaves me , I'd sleep in mine and wheel that one /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

(She wouldn't leave me, but I may leave in a wooden box if did something like that /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif)

9. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

looks like a great project truck /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Is it just me? or does that really look like a 10 bolt front?(note the ears on the bottom) Thats no biggie, it has bigger U joints than those old 44s had.

11. landsmasher

Ten bolts up front and 12 in the rear. Yep... No drive shaft up front either... But it comes with another tranny and Xfer case and a front drive shaft all on the side...

My friend bought it. He called me last night to let me know. I was only going to get it if he didn't want it... He wants it.... Go figure? LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I know you guys propbably get tired of hearing me go on and on about how CHEAP 4x4 stuff is in Canada...but I'll hand it to you as far as first gen's go, a pretty BEAT first gen can go for $4000+ here...it's just wrong.

13. landsmasher

Geeeze! Well this one needs some work but it's a deal at $800. Now all he has to do is turn it back into a 4wd vehicle. All the parts are there, he just has to install them into the truck again... I don't know what the original owner was thinking. Looks like he was trying to make a pre-run out truck out of it... Kinda heavy for that I would think....