Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you pay for ...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Eric M., Oct 10, 2005.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I was a a local car show this weekend and found an 88 Blazer, loaded, bone stock, no lift, all original, like new ... even the undercariage looked like it did when came from the factory. 41K miles, grey .... clean, cherry, nice .... $9500 :crazy:

I was going to make an offer. What do you think? I'd post pictures, but you can't really get an idsea on how clean it is from the pics.

Edit: I'm surprised you guys are giving me the thumbs up, I thought it was too much. So, let's get a bite more serious about this. Here's a link:

http://blog.mannon.com/archives/000004.html

Thanks,

Eric M.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

eric... thats what I paid for my v3500 with 36k on it.... and then put 10k in it... now its worth.... who knows... 10k-12k?

its all relative... but I would say its worth what its worth...to you

they arent building any more and low mileage k trucks are getting very scarce

cam

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I think it's worth it. My '90 K5 is in excellent condition and it would take at least 10K to get it away from me. I realize the book probably says it's not worth it, but I know I can't get another truck that nice for that kind of money. I have people offer to buy it from me all the time. I just politely tell them that I feel certain they would not be willing to pay what I would want for the truck, but I appreciate the offer.

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

A guy here started with a $500 pile of rust and put some new body panels on it, some paint. Arched the springs, put 35's on it left the 10 bolts under it and in 3 months from start to finish. He then sold it for $10,000. I wouldnt of paid this much for it, but everything has a certain value to others. I bought a 86 rusted out Diesel Topaz. I owed it for years sold it and paid more to get it back. Fuel prices make me value this car. But ya I would go for it.

5. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

It's tempting. I have all the trucks I need and a Suburban, but no K5. Steve tells me if I don't buy a K5 soon, he won't let me post anymore ;) . I don't think I have a choice ....

Eric M.

6. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

That's right, you dont have a choice. Sounds sweet, offer 8000.00 cash and cross your fingers.