Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you pay???????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by larryboz, May 30, 2005.

1. larryboz

larryboz Registered Member

I have found a rust free 1990 K5 for sale? It has 134K on it but this K5 was well taken care of. The underside looks like it just came off the showroom floor? Iwent out and took a look at it and crawled all over underneath it and I can't find a spot of rust. It is all stock and everything works. What would you guys pay for something like that? Just curious because I am not sure what something like that would go for.

Larry

2. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

All I know is that Pops paid 5000 about two years ago for a 90k5 that was in similar condition with ~ 138,000 on the ticker. Thats what they were going for around here in that condition.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

5000 isint bad

BUT
    i paid 3400 for my 91 and it had 89000 miles on it when i got it.
    My dad was friends with the owner, so i know it wasant rolled back or anything.

the only diffrence is the one i got was from seattle, so it had alot of surface rust on the frame from the undercoating flakeing away and the rockers were gone. the paint on the hood and roof was pretty nasty aswell but the whole body, interior and eninge was in very good shape.

mine also came with a 4in TC lift and some radial 35s heres a pic of when i got it

[​IMG]

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Paid $3,900 for mine a couple years ago. Bone stock 1990 with 150K miles. Was in great shape and had every option.

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i paid 3 grand for my 1982 k5 and it only had 62411 documented actual miles on it, and it was in real nice shape..not so much anymore, lol..
    and even though i have put a new motor in it, due to snaping the crank in half on the freeway, it only has approx 74000 on it right now. oh and mine came with a 4 inch lift, new custom interior, and 5 35inch tires..and the other nice thing..for some reason in 1982 the k5 with the 350 and sm465 was not offered for sell in california..so i don't have california emissions on it :)

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I paid 4200 for my 89 last year. Very clean, dealer serviced, runs fantastic. It was doing duty as a "mom mobile", then was retired a few years ago to "family truckster" duty, for vacations.

I should add, it has zero rust.

1122AA 017.jpg

7. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I paid $2k for my '89 jimmy, 128k miles on it, 2owners, no rust to speak of, and it runs great. It was kind of a different situation though since the guy that owned it passed away and his mom just wanted to get rid of it I think.