Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What would you recomened ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've already got a 6" suspension lift, and am thinking about a 2" or 3" body lift. As it is with the tiny (stock size) tires on it, I can just climb in. I do want larger tires, and as soon as I get the larger axles under it I will be going to 36" TSL's. After regearing I'll probley go to 39.5" . What are you guys with large tires and lifts using to be able to climb up into you trucks ??? I was thinking some kind of drop style nerf bar, and a handle up by the door handle on the body behind the door. Any sudjections ????

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i reach in, grab the cage and hoist myself up. Dont use the steering wheel or you'll be replacing the column after time....

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I have 39.5's and 10 " of lift. I have some steps that probably drop 2-3 inches. I don't have any problems because I'm 6'1. My girlfriend is 5'3 and has a little trouble but she doesn't complain about it. Mabye some handles to grab would be nice. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

bent and twisted sells these removable steps along with their rock sliders. sliders and step here is a link.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I'm an old guy so I just dug out some of my old Disco era platform shoes. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Seriously though, I had replaced my rockers with 4x4 box. Well last weekend I decided to put some extensions on it to try to keep the body off stuff. Brought it out flush with my front 35's. MAN it sure makes getting in easier. Not having to try to plant your foot on the front floor. Just having a flat spot to step up on and stand before planting your butt in the seat makes all the difference in the world. I use to hang onto the roll bar and swing my lard butt into the seat.
    Screwy thing is getting out now. I use to just slide out of the seat and drop on my feet. Now there is an extra 5.5 inches in the way.
    I haven't had a chance to see if the 5ft tall Mrs Reaper likes it better or not. My 10 year old kid likes it.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pic's ??