Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what would you rpelace with?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bryguy00b, Jul 29, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i just want to replace the 4 stock speakers with some good ones and put like 2 12's in the back, what would you guys recamend?..how about rockford fosgate for subs?

bryan

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What's your budget.... that's a good starting point on what to go with once that is determind...

3. 94JeepYJ

94JeepYJ Registered Member

Well for the speakers you could go either with Pioneer or Jensen, both good brands, and for the Sub either Kicker, Rockford, or JL Audio(which is what i have). Also yea it depends on the budget that you have, Rockford is expensive if you want those.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

umm what budget haha...

Bryan

5. wahbob

wahbob Registered Member

Just go and listen to some different brands with your type of music. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

For the 4 main speakers I would go with Infinity Kappa's. As far as sub's, dependes on your budjet. I personally don't care for Rockford Fosgate, MTX, or any of the big name brands becouse I belive you're paying more for the name then quality. For big bucks, I like MMATS, or DD. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif For low budjet look at www.cmttrading.com /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

well to get the best sound go for an alpine head unit....do NOT get aiwa or sony or jvc...kenwood and pioneer are great too...for speakers....infinity, pioneer, bostons, or even the polks, amps, rockford fosgate, mtx, kenwood, or alpine, subs, jl audio, mtx, alpine, fosgate, or actually bazooka makes some pretty good subs now. u could always get those MMMMMMMMATS...but most people that i've talked to that have had them were pissed because they spent 5 times too much for something that sounds no better than a jl audio w3 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well for a head unit i was thinking alpine..ive heard good things about them and my mom got one in her ford taurus..(haha)..and it does good..or maybe jvc...ive heard good things there to. maybe fosgate subs..what about kickers?..and i will probobly go with pioner speakers for the 4 main, front and back..

bryan

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have a MMATS and it's worth every penny in my opinion !!!!! And I would say JVC sounds every bit as good as Alpine. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Just as with everything else, Ya gotta get the top line products, every company makes entrey level (crap). Even Alpine has cheaper modles. I have a JVC KD-LX50. The one with voice comand. And MMATS clearly blows JL Audio away. The D100 , D300HC, ...ect with Juggernauts !!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Look into memphis for your highs. I wash ours off with a pressure washer and they still keep bumping. I can get you a set of 4 for under 150 shipped to your door no problem. Just let me know what you want and I'll get you a quote. I have access or carry just about everything. Check my open post for a list of brands.