Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Year Blazer has dual-retractor seat belts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by The Butcher, Dec 14, 2006.

1. The Butcher

The Butcher 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What year Blazers have dual-retractor seat belts in them? My '90 has single retractor seat-belts (the retention device is located at the bottom and the lap-belt and shoulder-belt are both retracted from the same location), so i am guessing it is going to be the ones before 1980.

Dual retractor seat belts are just as they sound. There is a retraction device for the lap belt, as well as one for the shoulder belt. There are two seperate retraction devices.

If you happen to have one of these Blazer's for sale (it must have functioning dual-retractor seat belts) I would be intersted in buying one. Please let me know. Thanks.

Butcher

2. The Butcher

The Butcher 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know? Does this even exist? Thanks.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

As far back as I know with shoulder belts (unsure of first year) all were single retractors. There is no room on the floor with a console to fit another retractor.

Since you mention shoulder belts, (as earlier trucks had only lap belts obviously) I'm fairly certain what you are asking for does not exist.

4. blazer74

blazer74 Member Premium Member

They exist, I have then in my 74k5. They are out of a 77, They might have changed when they changed the floor design in 78. I dont recomend them because the lock and wont pull out unless you retract them completely. When you hit a bump they pull tighter and stay that way.

5. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I had to double check pictures from when I got my truck, but it had single retractors. 1977 Jimmy.

6. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

Exactly, same with my '77. If you take the cover off the lower retractor you can make it not lock but that wouldnt be the safest thing.

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I dont know if you'll find them. I've only seen the sholder belts at all i think on 90-91's. I dont think they have them until then. THere were some minor changes, arm rests on the wheel wells instead of on the seats... things like that...

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

depends if we are talking front or rear....I assumed front, but as mentioned, the later trucks were the only ones with shoulder rear belts. And it was quite late in the run, that might be listed in the CK5 specs section.

9. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think he is referring to the front seats. As for the rears my 88 had lap belts only and my 90 & 91 have the shoulder belts mounted to the roof.