Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What year is the "money pit"?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tayv, Jul 14, 2003.

1. tayv

tayv Registered Member

What year is the \"money pit\"?

What year was "project money pit"? I am going to cut the top off mine and purchase a Fast trac soft top. Does it fit just the same as it would on a 73-75. They do not make a 76 and up full convertible top, So I assumed the 73-75 top is what they used. I have printed every pic I could find off of this Web so that I make the right cuts and I felt real confident until the guy from fast track E-mailed me back suggesting that he has no idea if it would work. My basic question is does the 73-75 stock full convertible body match the body of the 76 and up half top? Windshield radius, length of bed, etc. Thank /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: What year is the \"money pit\"?

For softtop purpouses it's the same. There are some changes but they won't affect what you are doing.

IMPORTANT: If you want it to look stock and use a stock hardtop you will need a '73-'75 windshield frame OR a whole lot of fab work.