Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What Year

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 3 on the tree, Oct 8, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Came across this K5, I think its a 74, if I read the tag right. Anyhow, it has a full removable top, also auto/tilt column. Was a rollbar an option on these? It has one that bolts to the front slope of the wheelwell. The truck has been repainted, but the rollbar shows the same color as the orig color of the truck. The rad support is chrome, and it appears to have OE white spoke wheels. Anyone interested in parts, I can make some inquiries. The sheetmetal is not very good, but not as bad as a Great Lakes rig.

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    My 74 had fully removeable top I believe they went thru 76, Mine also had tilt wheel and the original rollbar that did connect either like you are referring to or the top of wheelwell, can't remember for sure. I sold it like 14 years ago. Typical rust over rear wheels and corners of doors.

3. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

full tops are '73-'75.yes some had factory rollbar.I think they also atatched at the sides.