Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What years were the blazers top completely removeable...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Mar 20, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey, I was wondering what year the blazers tops were completely removeable up to the front window? I'm looking for another truck for my collection and instead of hacking a roof off, I wanted to see my luck if I could find one /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

IIRC, its up to 73/74

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Im new, but whats IIRC?? Seen it many times but didn't understand. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

If I Remember Corecctly =IIRC

5. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

69 to 75 is what you are looking for . 1976 was the first year of the half top .
    Tom

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

All K5's have removable tops when you have a /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif handy! I've got an '89 and it's going to be a full removable top in a few months /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. ryanvz1

ryanvz1 Registered Member

It's all the way up to 74', the 75' is the first year of half top.(the reason I know is I have a 74'). Good luck finding one for under $5000. I payed $500 for mine but right now it needs a new floor and a few fenders,lol.

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif$5000? ouch... maybe I'll have to cut the top off of one then... thanks for the replies /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's all the way up to 74', the 75' is the first year of half top.(the reason I know is I have a 74').

[/ QUOTE ]
    '75 was the last year of the full toppers ck5's blazer spec. table
    and you can find them for less than $5000 depending on where you're located. Good luck and if you can't find one for a decent price and don't mind running a soft top, you can always cut the roof off (check the "center of gravity" forum for more details) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

first year to 1975 all had full removable tops 73 was the change in body and I know where a 74 is for 750.00 bucks if anyone cares (runs and drives) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    It's all the way up to 74', the 75' is the first year of half top.(the reason I know is I have a 74'). Good luck finding one for under $5000. I payed $500 for mine but right now it needs a new floor and a few fenders,lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
    1975 was the last year of the fully removeable top. There's one sitting in my driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif