Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What yoke is this? And a driveline questions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BozoWise, Jul 22, 2005.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I just got the 205 stuffed in place of the 203. I am going to run it alone until funds are there for the doubler. The rear yoke is the same size as the pinion yoke on the transplanted 14bff. The joint width measures 3.6255" I believe this is a 1350 style U joint. It has the u bolts instead of the straps like the 14bolt. It is my understand that I would be better of replacing the rear pinion yoke to a u bolt style at the same time? Should I upgrade this to 1410 style joints?

At rest my center to center yoke measurement is 41" Is there a transplant driveline for this are we going to be looking into a custom? The 205 is a fixed yoke output.

2. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

Brian,

a 3.6255 Yoke is indeed a 1350 Yoke.

There is little to no strength difference between a 1350 and 1410 yoke - however the 1410 Yoke is capable of much higher angles.
    As far as I know we are the only company offering 1350 U bolt style 14FF Yokes.

If you are looking to change the yoke on your 14FF pinion, I would recommend going to a 1410, as they are capable of much steeper driveline angles, and both the yokes are the same price. Sounds like you will be re doing your rear driveshaft anyhow, if not you'll just need to change your slip section to 1410 on your driveshaft.

If you need any more info just give us a holler.

-Kyle
    NorthWest Fab

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I ordered my yoke for my 14ff from NWFabworks and got it shipped quick!! I opted for the 1350 series though. Go ahead and give them a call! You won't be sorry ;)