Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what you guys think...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Aug 18, 2004.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

im building my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif up to be the toy. but i got a sb /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif thats goin to be the tow vehicle. i was just wanted to know you guys think ill have a problem towin my 83/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif with 3/4 drive train on a trailer with my 77/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifs/b with 3/4 axles(soon to be atleast) and a stock 350 with maybe a aluminum intake and 3.73 gears(for now)?
    /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif :thinkin

2. socalblazer

socalblazer 1/2 ton status

I'd sell the sb and upgrade to a 3/4 or 1 ton. You'll have the axles, gears, heavy duty radiator/tranny cooler and brakes to support the extra 6-7,000 lbs you'll be towing. Much safer all the way around. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. down4thakrown

my /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif is a trailering special with a 4 core and hd tranny cooler and within the next couple of weeks there would be 3/4 axles on it. or you guys think the trailer walk to bad when gettin up to speed??

4. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i think u will be fine towing with a sb /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif. the only reason people tow with 3/4 or 1 ton is for the rear springs. u said that u are swaping in 3/4 ton axles that a good start, i would follow that up with a set of good helper springs to help take up some of the load. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

the trailer will only walk around the road if it is not loaded right. i have ran into that problem many times and all i do to fix it is move the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif forward more on the trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. down4thakrown

sweet
    thx guys /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

3.73 gears is not enough to pull 8,000 lbs with 120" of wheelbase and a 350.