Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whatcha think about this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Apr 18, 2003.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I posted earlier in the week that my P/S was on the blink. Sometimes it was PS and other times (when I least expected it) it was like manual steering. Anyway I dished out the cash and bought some brand new tires Wednesday and it hasn't done it since, so I was thinking I would put an inline fuel filter on the low pressureside hose. Maybe whatever was clogging things up is floating around in there. Any ill effects to this?

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

use a hydraulic filter not a fuel filter

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

WOW A reply /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I've seen the P/S filters and they're kinda chincy. Where would I buy a hydraulic filter from? And are they as small as a barrel type fuel filter? The only place I can put this filter hasn't got alot of room.

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I've seen filters designed for automatic trannies that look like they would work. NAPA carries them. They look like an oversized in-line fuel filter. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigjbear

A hyd shop-like a place that makes hoses should have them. I've seen inline and spin on types. Also check racecar shops-might be the first place to start. Last airplane suppliers-I know they have them but will be $$$.

6. bigjbear

Just a hint: for more replies change the title to something like "need info on hydraulic filters" or "P/S fluid filters" I usually do read post w/ titles that are vauge so I guess others don't either. Just my $.02