Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whatcha think.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud390, Mar 24, 2004.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

A guy I work with is selling, dare I even use the word, a 1984 or 1985 2wd Ford Ranger. Its got a carbed 2.3L. He just rebuilt the top end. Had the head rebuilt and very mildly worked and also put a very close to stock roller cam setup in it. The body is pretty straight, but needs paint something bad. I really don't care about the paint. The interior is shot, but complete. The tranny (5sp) and rear are in good shape, as is the clutch. He only wants $600 for it. I'm thinking a gas getter daily driver to and from work. Think its worth it?

Kris

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

id say its worth $500.

one of my friends had a 84 ranger 4x4 that had the 2.8l (before the 2.9l) with a 4 speed. he beat that thing so hard and it kept taking it. never broke, he had problems with the starter thought, that thing was one tought truck /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Go for it, not too bad for a little truck, rode in one on a 800 mile trip once and it did ok except for passing on the interstate