Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whatcha think

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Oct 15, 2001.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

I have an 85 K5 Silverado...Yes 1985..but I can't seen to be able to POST a message in the appropriate forum....Quickie question...I did away with the metal air filter cover, replaced it with a cut plastic tray, basically a lid for the airfilter, am I doing any harm to my baby by doing this? The truck sounds better and runs wayyy better, deep down I've a feeling that these advantages will have their disadvantages? anybody

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Do you have that hose that goes from the valve cover to the air cleaner box.If you do the lid is needed to create enough suction to vent gasses from the inside of the block.Don't think it will harm anything though,but I may be wrong.

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

That is the same thing as installing an open eliment air filter. You will suck in hot under hood air which will hurt HP.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>