Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whatcha think?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud390, Aug 20, 2003.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I found a 1978 3/4 ton 2wd LWB 3+3 today. /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif Haven't looked at it yet, but I talked to the owners wife.... She said the body is in decent shape with dings and dents. The only rust is in the bed floor. Has a 350 and auto tranny. She described the truck to me as an old work/lawn truck. They still use it about twice a week to do whatever with, so it runs and drives. They are wanting $750 for it, but she said to make an offer. So, maybe I could drive it home for $500?? Does it even sound like its worth my time? Its a pretty good drive to go look at it. Thanks!

Kris

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Anybody?

Kris

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Running and driving it has to be worth at least $500. If you want a crewcab (mount the cab on a sub 4x4 frame with a shortbed is what I would do /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)...

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Don't have a sub, but I do have a blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Would probably look pretty goofy though, but you could sure carry a lot of people. Either that, or use it as my parts getter truck. Could haul/pull a good bit with it.

Kris

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

yup take alook at it if it looks like it could be sold for more than what your paying its probly an ok deal my .02 cents